Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing…Pop Art Con
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Non-Sport Update is very excited to announce the first-time-ever “Pop Art Con” (PAC) on June 10 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Washington, PA (Philadelphia area). PAC is a new show primarily made-up of artists, and lots of them! Collectors can expect to see a few dealers and manufacturers on-hand as well, but the focus will be the artist.

Artist have long been one of the most popular aspects of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show and we are delighted to add this new event focusing on them. Non-Sport Update Publisher Roxanne Toser explains "We love having the artists at the Philly Show and just don’t have room to invite all we want to invite. The new show will give us the opportunity to invite some of the popular artists we have had before and some new ones as well. Can you imagine a room full of dazzling art! You won’t want to miss it."

Commitments are already in place from a couple of amazing artists and will announce the entire line-up soon. Please save the date and make plans to attend the Pop Art Con on June 10.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Batman will be there! This should be a fun show! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

We recently announced a artists show, the Pop Art Con, taking place June 10, 2012 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fort Washington, PA (Philadelphia-area). We’re happy to announce the first show sponsor, Versicolor Productions, makers of The Bettie Page Private Collection. Versicolor also offers custom printing for the hobby including trading cards, sketch cards, sketchbooks, postcards, banners, and much more.

We’re happy to also report that several artists have come on board and there is a lot of interest from other manufacturers in the show as well. Look for more announcements soon and make plans to attend the inaugural Pop Art Con on June 10!

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will also be making an appearance at the show under sponsorship of Cryptozoic Entertainment.

Posts: 7 | Location: seattle, WA | Registered: June 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Below is a post from the blog.

Last week, we announced Versicolor Productions as the first sponsor of our brand new artists show, Pop Art Con. Today, we’re thrilled to announce the second: Cryptozoic Entertainment. Cryptozoic will pay the way for two exciting artists to come to the show.

Gary Kezele from Seattle, WA will be making the trip to Pop Art Con as well as Tim Shay from California. Kezele has worked on two of Cryptozoic Entertainments’ releases: CBLDF Liberty Trading Cards and The Walking Dead Trading Cards as well as Star Wars Galaxy and other releases. Shay has worked on Cyptozoic's The Walking Dead Trading Cards as well as many other hobby releases include The Bettie Page Private Collection for Versicolor Productions.

We're ecstatic to announce that in addition to sponsoring Kezele and Shay, Cryptozoic will be sponsoring a dinner on Saturday night before the show (Saturday, June 9) which will be free to artists and their guests as well as attendees, on a limited basis. Details on the dinner will be announced soon.

And finally, Cryptozoic Entertainment’s art director will be on-hand to review portfolios. Are you an aspiring artist? Do you think you have what it takes to create trading cards? Bring your portfolio and find out!

You will not want to miss this show! Pop Art Con will take place June 10, 2012 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ft. Washington, PA (outside Philadelphia).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool announcement!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool announcement..I'll have to bring my sister along...for is definitely a good artist. Big Grin

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done to Versicolor & Cryptozoic Clap

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I wish I was living a little closer to the states.... this looks like a cool show I would love to attend to......

Posts: 36 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Today's news on the blog:

We’re happy to announce Breygent Marketing as a sponsor of the upcoming Pop Art Con show taking place June 10 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ft. Washington, PA (near Philadelphia, PA). Breygent Marketing will be sponsoring many of the artists tables including Axebone, Rusty Gilligan, Meghan Hetrick, Laura Inglis, Brian Kong, Jim Kyle, Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence, and Scott Rorie. Non-Sport Update publisher Roxanne Toser says “I am really happy the manufacturers are showing their appreciation of the artists by sponsoring them in various ways.” Breygent Marketing joins Versicolor Productions and Cryptozoic Entertainment as our first show sponsors.

In other Pop Art Con news, we have added four very talented artists to the line-up: Kate Bradley, David Quiles, Jerry Ma, and Scott Rorie.

Visit the brand new Pop Art Con website for information about Breygent Marketing and bio’s for the four new artists.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fizzbin:
Sometimes I wish I was living a little closer to the states.... this looks like a cool show I would love to attend to......

Me too.... Frown

Looks like all the lucky people who will get to attend are going to have a great time Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Is there any plans for another?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post