Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Superhero September Card Talk Giveaway #1

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/7267036196

September 10, 2019, 02:15 PM
BeckettBible24
Superhero September Card Talk Giveaway #1

Hey everyone!

It's that time of year again: Superhero September!

We have a very unique giveaway today. How often do you crack opening a box of cards and get a base card and two of its parallels? We did just that last year when we opened Fleer Ultra X-Men by Upper Deck.

We have a Metal Blasters of Dazzler and the Precious Metal Gems Red/99 and Blue/49 versions. We have another special surprise but we aren't going to say what it is. We can give you a hint though: Let's just say there's nothing "sketchy" going on, so "draw" your own conclusions.

To enter our giveaway, leave a comment below. Just tell us your favorite mutant from the X-Men and who you would like to see portray them in the MCU. A winner will be selected at the end of the business day on Monday, September 16th.

Also, don't forget to check our Instagram page. We currently have a giveaway for a complete set of 2019 Marveless Kids Series 1 by Magic Marker Art. We also recently surpassed 500 followers so there will be a special bonus giveaway coming up on Friday. We can give a hint there as well: It rhymes with Snoutlander.

Good luck!

NSU Instagram Page
September 10, 2019, 05:09 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I've got to go with Wolverine as my favorite. And since nobody could top Hugh Jackman's protrayal, I'm going outside the box and saying I'd love to see myself portray him in the MCU. I've certainly got the height down! Big Grin
September 10, 2019, 05:47 PM
aeolus14ummbra
Rogue has always been my favorite mutant - how about a “vintage” Marta Kristen (circa 1966/1967) to portray her?
September 10, 2019, 06:17 PM
Raven
The White Queen, Emma Frost.

Sigourney Weaver was supposed to play her long ago. Johansson could do it, but she's Black Widow. Blanchett before Hela or Theron maybe. Best pick now, probably Margo Robbie, but she's got her gig too. Big Grin
September 10, 2019, 08:53 PM
webjon
I'd like to see them do more with Iceman, I've always though visually he was a very cool mutant.

I can't really explain why, but I think Doug Jones would make a good Iceman.
September 10, 2019, 08:55 PM
Batman
Jean Grey has always been my favorite, Kristin Dunst would be perfect.

September 10, 2019, 09:17 PM
Batcavelv
I was always a huge Wolverine fan growing up. Hugh Jackman was perfect. I don’t think anyone will ever do the role justice. Maybe they should just leave him out of the MCU for now.
September 11, 2019, 01:57 PM
barobehere
The British version of Psylocke when she was Captain Britain's Sister. The 200 to 275 issues. Who hasn't been in the X-men or Marvel Movies??? Michelle Dockery.
September 12, 2019, 05:01 PM
Logan
Rogue is my favorite. And I would love to see Hailee Steinfeld play her but I read Marvel's already eyeing her for a different role.
September 13, 2019, 07:04 PM
Curler
I have to go with Wolverine as well.

It's been awhile since I have read X-Men comics. I don't remember Dazzler looking as angry as she does in the images above.
September 13, 2019, 07:34 PM
Raj
I'd like to see the Betsy Braddock version of Psylocke. Claire Foy could do a good job.
September 17, 2019, 11:15 AM
BeckettBible24
Congratulations to Curler! You've won the giveaway. We will send the Dazzlers plus a mystery card ASAP! Just email your information to mbible@beckett.com and we'll get that out.
September 17, 2019, 07:47 PM
Curler
Thank you very much!!

I just sent my information.
September 18, 2019, 06:34 AM
wolfie
Congrats to Mr Curler. Clap

September 18, 2019, 10:33 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I don't remember Dazzler looking as angry as she does in the images above.

Now she can be angry at you! Congrats. Smile
October 06, 2019, 02:14 PM
Curler
The package arrived in my mailbox last week. Thank you to Beckett for running the contest and other members for their congrats!

The mystery card is a DC Comics Bombshells Series II sketch card of Batman by Phil Juliano. Very nice! Thumb Up