Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    NSU Card Talk Exclusive Halloween Giveaway!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Card Talk Exclusive Halloween Giveaway!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The original Alien is honestly the only one I like because it's still scary. Aliens replaced everything that was scary with explosions, and the films beyond that one, well...

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely the original Alien as it was one of the first Sci-Fi movies I watched and it was scary!

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
First movie

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Prometheus for me. It's got a sense of mystery and grandeur to it plus the dynamic between Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender really works well.

If you were asking which is the most important film cinematically it would be the original Alien but I don't like horror and it took me several sleepless nights to get over seeing the first one at the cinema Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's tough to pick between the first two. "Alien" has become a horror classic with all the creepy atmosphere of an old monster movie and without unnecessary gore. Unarmed, the crew seemed helpless, having to fight with what they had.

The novelization was a good read too (the aliens being parasites/pests to the giant alien race) - read it in high school.

"Aliens" was a fantastic war movie with its own surprise. I'll have to go with "Aliens" just because it's got so much action and a great face-off at the end.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to piko! You have won the 2018 Aliens box courtesy of Upper Deck. Also, congratulations to our runners-up, coalregion and ifish73! You have each won a one-of-a-kind sketch card from 2018 Aliens! Please email me at mbible@beckett with all your mailing info and I will get those out ASAP. If we don't hear from the winners within 7 days of this announcement, we will have to choose an alternate winner. Thanks to everyone for participating! There is still plenty of month left in October. Be sure to check back here, as well as with all of Beckett and NSU's social media platforms for more giveaways.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo! Thank you for the contest.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners. Clap

Many thanks for doing the contests. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Your box and sketches will be claw delivered by real live Aliens. Please be careful and avoid any drool when accepting the packages.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners!! Metal

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome...thank you!!! Could you please put your email address here again? I sent to the email from this and it was rejected. Is there a part missing at the end? I sent to mbible@beckett

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
Congratulations to piko! You have won the 2018 Aliens box courtesy of Upper Deck. Also, congratulations to our runners-up, coalregion and ifish73! You have each won a one-of-a-kind sketch card from 2018 Aliens! Please email me at mbible@beckett with all your mailing info and I will get those out ASAP. If we don't hear from the winners within 7 days of this announcement, we will have to choose an alternate winner. Thanks to everyone for participating! There is still plenty of month left in October. Be sure to check back here, as well as with all of Beckett and NSU's social media platforms for more giveaways.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It looks like the .com got deleted or I just didn't type it. The email is mbible@beckett.com. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by coalregion:
Awesome...thank you!!! Could you please put your email address here again? I sent to the email from this and it was rejected. Is there a part missing at the end? I sent to mbible@beckett

Thanks

quote:

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent information...thank you!

quote:
It looks like the .com got deleted or I just didn't type it. The email is mbible@beckett.com. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by coalregion:

Thanks

quote:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thanks for the contest.

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo thanks Beckett nice to win but as I live in New Zealand shipping could be prohibitive we will see what happens but thanks

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone I won the box of Alien cards in the Beckett Halloween competition even though I have a USA address it is going to be too hard to get it too me I have informed Beckett to redraw the prize amongst the other entrants in the competition It was Good to hear every ones opinion on the Alien movies and that Alien was the favourite good luck to you all

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my sketch today...thank you! I’ll try to upload the image later.

posted Hide Post
Piko. Please email me your mailing address at mbible@beckett.com. Before we decide to give the prize to someone else, I want to get an estimate and check with our warehouse. We may, indeed, be able to send it to you. Let us at least check before we give it to someone else.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can do a box break and and post it online then send him the cards that he wants and use the rest as more giveaways Wink

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think Piko should get the box or as has been mentioned certain cards from the box that he wants, after all he did win the contest.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post