Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
NSU Card Talk Exclusive Halloween Giveaway!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/7157028096

October 04, 2018, 08:59 PM
BeckettBible24
NSU Card Talk Exclusive Halloween Giveaway!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for a successful Superhero September and if you want to check out another great promotion, head over to Beckett for our Slam-O-Ween giveaways. We are currently giving away a 2018 Topps WWE Undisputed Dean Ambrose autograph on our Facebook page. Deadline is tomorrow night so go like the post and you'll be entered to win!

We haven't forgotten about Halloween, though. We are working on a few things to giveaway some cool horror/sci-fi products. Our first offering is an exclusive giveaway for NSU Card Talk members: A box of 2018 Aliens courtesy of Upper Deck! Just tell us below what your favorite movie is in the Alien franchise and why. We will also have a couple sketch cards from the product for a second and third place prize. We will select winners a week from tomorrow. Make sure to check back to see if you won. Good luck!
October 04, 2018, 09:52 PM
Raven
All of the 4 movies in the Alien series are very different. The linking characters of Ripley and the Aliens continue to change throughout the saga, to the point where you can tell which movie you are in just by looking at them.

I don't think you will get many takers for Alien3 or Alien Resurrection, but the choice of Alien or Aliens depends on the viewer's preference. Alien is a haunted house/monster movie in space. Aliens is an action/war movie in space. They are both terrific achievements in science fiction films.

Its Aliens for me because the cast was larger, the movie longer and once the Aliens show up there isn't a single slow minute in the entire second half of the movie. Oh yeah, there's that Alien Queen too. Eek
October 04, 2018, 11:25 PM
aeolus14ummbra
Aliens without a doubt! I love this movie; the characters are great, the action is epic, and Bill Paxton's immortal "game over man" line is comedy gold! Top 10 movie for me and it's always a stop-down to watch it anytime it comes on. Thanks for another great contest.
October 05, 2018, 12:23 AM
cardaddict
ALIEN, because of the atmosphere, the suspense, the nail-biting chest bursting scene, the feeling you were really on an alien world, the originality of the alien and its defense mechanism (acid blood!), Ripley's escape and her bravado.
October 05, 2018, 01:10 AM
webjon
My favorite is the first movie. It is a classic, and really just set the standard for sci-fi horror.
October 05, 2018, 01:14 AM
Logan
Alien for me. It's the one that started it all by introducing Ripley. It also happens to be the best sci-fi/horror film ever made IMHO.
October 05, 2018, 02:32 AM
Scifi Cards
The original: Alien.

I still remember seeing it in a REAL theater the week it came out. It was my first R rated movie experience, at 14.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

October 05, 2018, 08:18 AM
Deena
Aliens.

I'm a sucker for a kid.
October 05, 2018, 08:48 AM
ifish73
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem of course! Twak
Just Kidding!
The original Alien with Prometheus in second place.
October 05, 2018, 09:52 AM
Raj
Alien.
The atmosphere plus the completely unexpected events. I don't think anyone knew what was coming.
October 05, 2018, 10:23 AM
hammer
Alien, great movie and the first one
October 05, 2018, 10:29 AM
stevetrek
Alien - The first movie is my favorite. The originals are usually the best. The sequels are never as good.I remember going to Disney World and riding on the Alien Experience. The part where the Alien breathed on your neck freaked me out.
October 05, 2018, 10:37 AM
David R
I like the first Alien movie the best
October 05, 2018, 12:16 PM
wolfie
Alien 3 would have been my favourite if the studio had stuck with Finchers movie but they messed it up, however i still like what is left.

Alien & Aliens are joint faves but i like Resurrection as well.

Oh heck they are all my faves. Big Grin

October 05, 2018, 06:39 PM
piko
Alien in the others you know what it is ! so no suspense original movie all the time
October 06, 2018, 04:53 PM
Graham
Alien Resurrection - excellent casting and a decent way to explain Ripley's presence.
October 06, 2018, 11:32 PM
Heroes For Hire
I liked Aliens more than Alien, but maybe that's because there was an exhibit with Alien in it at Movieland Wax Museum that kind of freaked me out after Alien was released Eek
October 07, 2018, 07:26 AM
RevJay
The unexpected in Alien kept me on the edge on mybseat
October 07, 2018, 10:42 AM
barobehere
Alien. I was heavily into science fiction as a kid. My uncle Eric rented t when I was around 10 and we watched it. It was amazing because at the time it was how i images space to really be like(cold, harsh, alien is not friendly) vs Star Wars which felt more like a science fiction fantasy.
October 09, 2018, 01:02 AM
BILLZEE
My favorite is Aliens (plural). I've seen the original Alien so may times it got old. Aliens is still fresh to me.