Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 NSU Holiday Giveaway #1!
 Login/Join

posted
Ok, everyone! Here we go.

Since the hottest show on television is The Mandalorian, we're going to make the first giveaway on here (and the one on Instagram) a Star Wars giveaway.

We will be giving away everything in the following images: the Lobot sketch, an auto of Ian Whyte and two patch relics of Chewie and Poe. Heck, we're even going to throw in an issue of our current issue featuring a cover image of The Mandalorian.

All you have to do is leave a comment about Star Wars. That's it! Tell us what your favorite SW film or character is. Or, maybe let us know what you think of the current season of The Mandalorian. Or, if you want to rant about Jar Jar Binks or The Last Jedi, go right ahead! Comment and you're entered. Simple!

We will pick a winner at the end of the day on Friday. Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Favourite file is Stars Wars (pre special edition) with the Alec Guinness Ben Kenobi the favourite character. Why? Alec Guinness.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
My father tells people that I dragged him to the theatre to see the first Star Wars movie. He readily admits to liking it though!

My favorite of the Star Wars film is The Empire Strikes Back.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
How can you not rant about the lovable, mighty jar jar bins? He puts the Star in Star Wars!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I’m kind of a purist myself as I mostly prefer the original trilogy (pre-Lucas tampering) but I do like watching Rogue One and Star Wars back-to-back. If you can get past the creepy cgi at the end, the movies actually flow together pretty well. I also consider Revenge of the Sith a guilty pleasure (on a stand alone basis).

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not really familiar with the modern Star Wars adaptations. I saw the first three and none since although I am familiar with some of the characters through various card issues however I these days I am more familiar with the music by John Williams.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Chewbacca is my favorite character. Always has been. Probably cuz he doesn't have any corny lines. Just growls and grunts.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying The Mandalorian. The show seams to be improving as it goes. As for the cards, there are a lot of collectors trading them.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Favorite movie: Empire Strikes Back
Favorite character: Darth Vader

Although I did enjoy how Rogue One flowed into Episode 4. Also, the Rebels cartoon had some nice Easter Eggs, but the lack of familiarity to the characters could deter those that only watched the original trilogy. Finally, will that story somehow tie into the Mandalorian? Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's all mando at the moment enjoying the new stuff - 4 episodes in

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not really into the modern Star Wars
But I like the original triology series

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I can remember back in 1977 when I was collecting the first series of Topps SW cards. And then the second series, and then the third series, and then the fourth series, and then the fifth series. Smile My favorite memory was getting all those stickers and putting them on my school books that year.

Thank you Beckett for running this giveaway.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My favorite Star Wars characters are Poe Dameron's lesser known cousins -- Curly, Larry and Moe Dameron.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Great timing with this contest and the various Star Wars shows on Disney+ being announced today. What a great time to be a Star Wars fan!
Good luck to everyone!

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Like the Mandalorian!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first Star Wars cards my brother and I found were the second (red) series and we bought packs of the third (yellow), fourth (green), and then the last series (orange) as they were released and available. Back then, collectors liked the orange series the least because it seemed Topps was scraping the bottom of the barrel with all the behind-the-scenes photos. Over time, it was liked just as much. We found out about the blue series later. I think I paid $15 for an NM blue series set about 20 years ago.

I still have all my cards from back then though I'm not sure I have full sets (still in the same shoebox from back then). I am sure they are on the whole less than NM because we didn't protect the corners back then. We looked at them a lot and then stacked or laid them in rows in shoeboxes.

We collected the General Mills stickers and the cards with the wallet (not enough compartments for all the cards) along with the Wonder Bread cards. I finished the latter around 2000 as well. Topps can make all the fancy cards they want but none will ever be more fun than those early issues.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
I can remember back in 1977 when I was collecting the first series of Topps SW cards. And then the second series, and then the third series, and then the fourth series, and then the fifth series. Smile My favorite memory was getting all those stickers and putting them on my school books that year.

Thank you Beckett for running this giveaway.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Favourite characters are R2D2 and C3PO

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Have always loved Star Wars cards. And the new Mandalorian series is greatSmile

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the winner of the Star Wars giveaway: wuher! Congratulations! Please email your info to mbible@beckett.com and we'll get that out in the mail this coming week. Thanks to everyone for participating and keep a look out for the next holiday giveaway!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Wuher

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post