Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aug/Sept 2022 Out
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I just received my Aug/Sept NSU replacement today. Thanks to Harris, and anyone else, for sending it.

For those who care, the two promos I got were Outlander P6 and Nosferatu Series Two P1.

Looks like a lot of good stuff in there about Elvis among others, but I went straight to Ryan Cracknell's article about Julian Glover's autograph cards. Glover has been one of those always working supporting actors over a 70 year career. It's pretty remarkable that he has signed cards in ten franchise titles, plus the actual number of cards.

It doesn't say if that is definitely the record, but it would be hard to come up with someone else with more. I know for a time I kept pulling Shane Rimmer in everything, but I think he had many different cards in the same titles. The article also has pictures of ten of Glover's cards, half of which I never saw. So these are the kind of informative and outside the box pieces that I really like to see, because there are a lot of ways to study and collect autograph cards besides focusing only on which ones cost the most.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I thought I would throw in my own complaint after reading some of the other delivery problems here. I let my subscription lapse after Beckett took over. After reading a few subsequent articles and enjoying them I decided to re-subscribe. I tried a couple of different times and could not get the promo code to work. This past May (12th) success! In 4-6 weeks I would get my first issue. Well, it has been over 10 weeks now. I just now called customer service. The excuse I received was that it was either lost or stolen. Sorry, not buying it. I believe someone just messed up. Thanks for listening.

Posts: 48 | Location: Oswego, NY | Registered: June 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's pretty remarkable that he has signed cards in ten franchise titles, plus the actual number of cards.

Ten? I can find eight: Bond, Saint, Avengers, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and Space 1999. What am I missing?

Shatner has signed in ST (TOS, TAS, Generations), Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Six Million Dollar Man, Tek World, plus omnibus "franchises" Donruss Americana, Leaf Pop Century, Topps Allen & Ginter and 2001 In the Game Candadiana.

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Doctor Who and Blake's 7 - maybe another?

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:
It's pretty remarkable that he has signed cards in ten franchise titles, plus the actual number of cards.

Ten? I can find eight: Bond, Saint, Avengers, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, and Space 1999. What am I missing?

Shatner has signed in ST (TOS, TAS, Generations), Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Six Million Dollar Man, Tek World, plus omnibus "franchises" Donruss Americana, Leaf Pop Century, Topps Allen & Ginter and 2001 In the Game Candadiana.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

According to the article, also "Blake's 7". "Doctor Who" and "Hammer Horror" for Glover. No card for "Space 1999" is mentioned, so either that's wrong, or you found #11.

Shatner has been around alright, but the article specified "biggest franchise in box office and small screen history" so it's for franchise titles, not franchise product brands. Cards in A&G, Pop Century and Americana wouldn't count, and all his various "Star Trek" series would be considered the same franchise. At least going by the article's rules.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Space 1999

quote:
Cards in A&G, Pop Century and Americana wouldn't count, and all his various "Star Trek" series would be considered the same franchise. At least going by the article's rules.

I changed the rules (see: Kirk, Kobayashi Maru)

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Space 1999

quote:
Cards in A&G, Pop Century and Americana wouldn't count, and all his various "Star Trek" series would be considered the same franchise. At least going by the article's rules.

Tell Cracknell. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Space 1999

quote:

Tell Cracknell. Big Grin

It's a top 10. We'll call that one #11. : )

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fran42:
Hi, I thought I would throw in my own complaint after reading some of the other delivery problems here. I let my subscription lapse after Beckett took over. After reading a few subsequent articles and enjoying them I decided to re-subscribe. I tried a couple of different times and could not get the promo code to work. This past May (12th) success! In 4-6 weeks I would get my first issue. Well, it has been over 10 weeks now. I just now called customer service. The excuse I received was that it was either lost or stolen. Sorry, not buying it. I believe someone just messed up. Thanks for listening.

Hello:

I just sent you an email asking for further details to see if I can look into this for you.

Thanks and sorry to hear you are having trouble with your subscription.

Harris

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to picking up a copy (or two) of this issue and thrilled that our Marvel Card Collectors Podcast is featured, along with our friends over at the Pencilled In Podcast.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Noticed 2 issues today at B&N

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post