Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Katie Cook Star Wars Variant Cover for Chicagoland Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Katie Cook Star Wars Variant Cover for Chicagoland Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
I've updated the website today with our new Aug/Sep issue with Monsterwax's Shock Stories on the cover.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves but the upcoming issue is our 20th Anniversary Cover and will feature cover art by both Brian Kong and Jim Kyle in one great cover. And we'll be doing a variant version for the 9th Annual Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo. It will feature Star Wars art by Katie Cook and will come with an exclusive matching promo card. The cover is still being worked on in-house (Katie's done with her part!) so I can't show that just yet but we should have something to show off soon. We hope many of you will come out to Paul's show and pick-up a copy from NSU in person. We're taking pre-orders now for those who can't make the show at this link.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How many copies of the variant issue are being made Harris?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
How many copies of the variant issue are being made Harris?

We have not determined that yet. It will be limited though -- probably along the lines of the one that we did for Paul's 2007 show where Cynthia Narcisi did the cover and we did 900 copies. This one may be less. Hopefully when I have the cover art to post, we'll have this too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Placed my order!! Clap

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I now have more details on the Star Wars variant cover. As I said above, the issue is being produced in conjunction with the Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo, which takes place on Sept 11 and 12 in Carol Stream, IL. If you are in the Chicagoland area, we hope to see you there. There's really nothing going out to a show. A much different experience then purchasing on the net.

The issue will be limited to just 500 copies. And we are now able to show off Katie Cook's great cover, showing our beloved Star Wars characters coming to life from the trading cards they live on (imagine if this really happened Red Face ). Below is the cover and exclusive matching trading card which will be inserted in each issue.

And again, $1 from every copy sold will be donated to the Chicagoland Ent. Collectors Expo's charity of choice, The Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.

For those of you not in the Chicagoland area or unable to attend the show, we are pre-selling copies in the NSU Online Store.

Thanks.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Looks great Thumb Up I'll probably buy a few at the show.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Mine is ordered.

500 is a very short print run for a Star Wars card!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I will order 1 on Sept. 1st and re-new my subscription also. Metal Bouncey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I gave in and ordered one

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris

Are you attending Memorabilia this November? If so, will you have copies of the Star Wars Variant Cover with you?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Hi Harris

Are you attending Memorabilia this November? If so, will you have copies of the Star Wars Variant Cover with you?

Hi Treksearcher:

Yes, I plan to to attend and exhibit, though I do not have firm plans yet. If there are copies remaining, I will bring them (and perhaps another variant) to sell at the show.

Sorry that's a fairly non-committal answer. But bottom line, this is the plan, ok?

Thanks.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Just ordered this special mag and re-newed my subscription also. So, another year of Mister E !!!!! Metal(and another year of "De Wolfie????") Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post