Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
SOLD OUT! Outlander NSU Issue Sells Out in Less Than One Week!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/6277015686

May 25, 2017, 05:00 PM
H_Toser
SOLD OUT! Outlander NSU Issue Sells Out in Less Than One Week!
The June/July 2017 issue of Non-Sport Update has sold out. Below is a statement from Beckett Media regarding the issue and its quick sell through.....

---------------------------

The issue, which features Outlander on the cover and includes one of three collectible Outlander Season 2 promo cards from Cryptozoic Entertainment as well as a Cryptozoic DC Comics Bombshells promo card, sold out of its print run in less than a week.

“We knew this was going to be a popular issue with Outlander as the cover subject,” Beckett Media Editorial Director Mike Payne said. “We’re not at all surprised it sold out. But we are surprised at just how quickly it sold out.”

The issue has shipped and should soon be arriving at bookstores, hobby stores and comic shops.

It will not be reprinted.

The issue is the first to include the Non-Sport Update price guide bound into the magazine. The issue also includes a Reader Survey on page 38 allowing for readers to provide their input on Non-Sport Update.

May 25, 2017, 08:22 PM
Heroes For Hire
Amazing! Eek
May 26, 2017, 02:45 AM
Triple-Frog
Outlander seems to have hit the same sweet spot that Twilight did, appealing to card collectors and crucially younger females who would not normally buy trading cards.
May 26, 2017, 10:45 AM
hammer
I should imagine its people ordering multiple copies trying to get the 3 Promo's. I can't believe Barnes & Noble have doubled their order!
May 26, 2017, 11:38 PM
Don Norton
The first issue to sell out so quickly, and the first issue featuring a full page about Bob Hulsart.
Coincidence? I think not!
May 27, 2017, 05:43 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The first issue to sell out so quickly, and the first issue featuring a full page about Bob Hulsart.

He's probably purchased them all himself. Big Grin

May 27, 2017, 11:10 AM
Batman
Funny Don I have been checking the website looking for them to put the new issue up for sale so I could order extra copies for friends and family! Was shocked to see them already sold out but I was able to get some extras from a friend so all is good!

May 27, 2017, 12:54 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I notice that the usual auction site has the promo cards already on sale.

regards

John

May 27, 2017, 05:06 PM
Heroes For Hire
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Outlander seems to have hit the same sweet spot that Twilight did, appealing to card collectors and crucially younger females who would not normally buy trading cards.

I thought a more mature audience was the ones chasing these cards Eek
Perhaps it's both demographics Thumb Up
May 27, 2017, 09:16 PM
Logan
The success of Outlander really is a much needed breath of fresh air for the hobby.
May 28, 2017, 03:31 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

If I had known I would have purchased more copies
May 29, 2017, 05:08 AM
catskilleagle
I guess that explains it and wouldn't have predicted this issue to be one to sell out. It didn't look like my kind of show when I saw commercials for it last year, but if Outlander is getting people to buy cards, that's great.

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

May 31, 2017, 07:09 AM
JOHN LEVITT
My subscription magazine arrived 5 minutes ago with the plastic bag opened at one end and half way along the seam. To my surprise the envelope with the two cards was still there. The Outlander card was P5 and the DC Comics Bombshells card was P4.

regards

John

May 31, 2017, 09:37 AM
Triple-Frog
Mine arrived today, packaging intact. Same two promos.
May 31, 2017, 06:38 PM
Elaine Perna
We received our issue today too! We love it!

Congratulations on the fast sell out of this issue. Smile
June 03, 2017, 02:40 PM
Heroes For Hire
Should I buy 2 issues if I run into them at the book store? Confused
June 03, 2017, 02:45 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Should I buy 2 issues if I run into them at the book store? Confused

Only if you have short term memory loss. Big Grin
June 05, 2017, 12:05 AM
Heroes For Hire
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Funny Don I have been checking the website looking for them to put the new issue up for sale so I could order extra copies for friends and family! Was shocked to see them already sold out but I was able to get some extras from a friend so all is good!

Were you going to get some extra issues because of that "Non-Sport Neighborhood" feature? That was awesome!
July 03, 2017, 05:06 PM
catskilleagle
Another nice promo column. I don't have any of the promos Chick Veditz described but have seen a couple of them for sale.

I got the Outlander P4 with my issue.
July 04, 2017, 04:04 AM
hammer
There are some still being sold on e-bay one seller had more than 10 on offer