Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    SOLD OUT! Outlander NSU Issue Sells Out in Less Than One Week!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD OUT! Outlander NSU Issue Sells Out in Less Than One Week!
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The June/July 2017 issue of Non-Sport Update has sold out. Below is a statement from Beckett Media regarding the issue and its quick sell through.....

---------------------------

The issue, which features Outlander on the cover and includes one of three collectible Outlander Season 2 promo cards from Cryptozoic Entertainment as well as a Cryptozoic DC Comics Bombshells promo card, sold out of its print run in less than a week.

“We knew this was going to be a popular issue with Outlander as the cover subject,” Beckett Media Editorial Director Mike Payne said. “We’re not at all surprised it sold out. But we are surprised at just how quickly it sold out.”

The issue has shipped and should soon be arriving at bookstores, hobby stores and comic shops.

It will not be reprinted.

The issue is the first to include the Non-Sport Update price guide bound into the magazine. The issue also includes a Reader Survey on page 38 allowing for readers to provide their input on Non-Sport Update.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Amazing! Eek

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Outlander seems to have hit the same sweet spot that Twilight did, appealing to card collectors and crucially younger females who would not normally buy trading cards.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I should imagine its people ordering multiple copies trying to get the 3 Promo's. I can't believe Barnes & Noble have doubled their order!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The first issue to sell out so quickly, and the first issue featuring a full page about Bob Hulsart.
Coincidence? I think not!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The first issue to sell out so quickly, and the first issue featuring a full page about Bob Hulsart.

He's probably purchased them all himself. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Funny Don I have been checking the website looking for them to put the new issue up for sale so I could order extra copies for friends and family! Was shocked to see them already sold out but I was able to get some extras from a friend so all is good!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I notice that the usual auction site has the promo cards already on sale.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Outlander seems to have hit the same sweet spot that Twilight did, appealing to card collectors and crucially younger females who would not normally buy trading cards.

I thought a more mature audience was the ones chasing these cards Eek
Perhaps it's both demographics Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The success of Outlander really is a much needed breath of fresh air for the hobby.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

If I had known I would have purchased more copies

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess that explains it and wouldn't have predicted this issue to be one to sell out. It didn't look like my kind of show when I saw commercials for it last year, but if Outlander is getting people to buy cards, that's great.

quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My subscription magazine arrived 5 minutes ago with the plastic bag opened at one end and half way along the seam. To my surprise the envelope with the two cards was still there. The Outlander card was P5 and the DC Comics Bombshells card was P4.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today, packaging intact. Same two promos.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
We received our issue today too! We love it!

Congratulations on the fast sell out of this issue. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Should I buy 2 issues if I run into them at the book store? Confused

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Should I buy 2 issues if I run into them at the book store? Confused

Only if you have short term memory loss. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Funny Don I have been checking the website looking for them to put the new issue up for sale so I could order extra copies for friends and family! Was shocked to see them already sold out but I was able to get some extras from a friend so all is good!

Were you going to get some extra issues because of that "Non-Sport Neighborhood" feature? That was awesome!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another nice promo column. I don't have any of the promos Chick Veditz described but have seen a couple of them for sale.

I got the Outlander P4 with my issue.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
There are some still being sold on e-bay one seller had more than 10 on offer