Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    2021 Non-Sport Almanac - You Choose the Cover!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2021 Non-Sport Almanac - You Choose the Cover!
 Login/Join

posted

Have you ever wanted to be part of the Beckett creative process? Well, here’s your chance! This year for our 2021 Non-Sport Almanac, we are going to let you choose the cover. We have four images from Fortnite trading cards courtesy of Panini. Enter our poll on which character you’d like to see on our cover. You could win some unopened boxes of 2020 Fortnite Series 2. The 2021 Non-Sport Almanac goes to print on August 4th so you have a “fortnight” to participate (pun intended). Hit the link below to get your vote in.

2021 Beckett Non-Sport Almanac You Choose the Cover Poll!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeckettBible24,

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So it's one from Column A, or one from Column A, huh? Big Grin

Having no interest in Fortnite whatsoever and not even knowing those characters, I'll leave the voting to others who might want the prize.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This post makes me feel simultaneously old and out of touch with current events in the trading card world Smile . I have heard of Fortnite as a computer game but know nothing beyond that . I was totally unaware of trading cards for it , I assume it's an attempt to get younger collectors which can only be a good thing .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes Me too

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know a Fortnite set was released two years ago and one of the cards graded PSA 10 was reported to have sold for $100,000 (see April/May 2021 NSU, page 40). Are you sure it wasn't a typo?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Some of the Fortnite cards are selling for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Blowout posters are all over it.

I don't believe a single thread was ever created for Fortnite on Card Talk and the cards have barely been mentioned in passing anywhere here. It just illustrates the difference between the two forums. Card speculation for profit and card collecting.

I know some people who had a lot of old Marvel, but I personally know no one who collects Fortnite. I imagine Panini will be happy for the Almanac cover, which ever character it is.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well i voted for the skull trooper but it seems i am in the minority ......as usual.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Black Knight!

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
DC Comics just concluded a 6-issue crossover with Fortnite called Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point.
Each issue came with a code for a skin and another skin if you got all 6 codes. The first 2 issues seemed to sell out instantly at the comic shops before they started to adjust their ordering and the 2nd prints became available. I’d imagine if there was a Fortnite code in this Almanac that it would be a super hot seller.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Some of the Fortnite cards are selling for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Blowout posters are all over it.

I don't believe a single thread was ever created for Fortnite on Card Talk and the cards have barely been mentioned in passing anywhere here. It just illustrates the difference between the two forums. Card speculation for profit and card collecting.

I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think age is a big factor. The Blowout forums seem to skew younger (especially that thread), and Fortnite attracts a younger audience.

We're a bunch of old fuddy-duddies. Big Grin

And not knowing anything about Fornite, the cover I voted for currently has 2% of the overall vote. Yeah, I'm a little out of touch.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I'm sure that's part of it, but I also think age is a big factor. The Blowout forums seem to skew younger (especially that thread), and Fortnite attracts a younger audience.

Hey I resent that! Big Grin But yeah, you have a point. It's not all money grubbers on Blow Out, it just seems more talk is devoted to buying cards for re-sale than actually keeping cards.

I know what the problem with Fortnite was for me. I knew it to be a video game. When the cards came out I took it to be a gaming product version and paid no attention. Not that I would have bought into it anyway because there are no autographs Wink, but I think many non-sport card collectors just thought it was something to play or something for kids because of the characters.

So now we see all the money that some of these Fortnite cards have been trading for in a short period of time. Are any of them worth it? Well, somebody is willing to pay for them in the moment and that's about all anyone can say.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

I think the cool kids like the use the term “boomer” these days Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Only a few days left to choose a cover for the Non-Sport Almanac! Right now, unsurprisingly, Black Knight is in the lead but Skull Trooper and Aura are holding their own.

When the cover is officially chosen, we will be giving away a total of three boxes of Fortnite Series II! Two hobby boxes and one mega box that will be posted on NSU IG, NSU Card Talk and Beckett Media, respectively! All of this courtesy of Panini America.

As for updates on the content itself, autographs for Game of Thrones, James Bond, The Walking Dead and some various others have been updated. I've also been able to get the relics for Outlander, Harry Potter and James Bond updated, as well (some good stuff there).

Over the weekend, I'll be doing mad Marvel updates and also all the Fortnite products. I never waste a second leading up to the print date.

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Your doing very well, should be a really good book, Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cover has been chosen and will be posted on IG soon. It's pretty cool. We will have giveaways for the Fortnite boxes posted here, on NSU IG and on Beckett's FB page. Stay tuned!