Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February/March Marches in
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Okay, didn't expect this so soon, but happy to see it. Star Trek Discovery on the cover. RR Parks History of the Roman Emperors Promo inside. Lots of cool articles, but my favorite is Top 10 Christopher Walken cards. #1 will surprise the heck out of readers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Norton,

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for Dec/Jan Shake Head

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

You have a lot more patience than me ! I could accept a one off problem but is this not the third issue in a row for you with them having assured you the problem had been fixed ? At the very least I would be wanting a free extension of subscription as compensation .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that might be the earliest appearance I've heard of for NSU in a long time. It usually arrives around the end of January. Who is Christopher Walker?

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Okay, didn't expect this so soon, but happy to see it. Star Trek Discovery on the cover. RR Parks History of the Roman Emperors Promo inside. Lots of cool articles, but my favorite is Top 10 Christopher Walker cards. #1 will surprise the heck out of readers.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Ack! I meant Christopher Walken. auto-correct might have changed it on me. I'll go back and fix that.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a Christopher Walker, a British actor, so I thought he might be in one of the popular TV shows I haven't seen but didn't ever remember anyone on Card Talk mentioning that name.

A Top 10 list of Walken cards sounds like fun. A few years ago, I saw a "Poolhall Junkies" set for sale. The seller wanted over $100 because it was so rare - only given to cast and crew of the movie. I looked for it again after thinking about it but it was gone.

quote:
Ack! I meant Christopher Walken. auto-correct might have changed it on me. I'll go back and fix that.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
That one was fast.

Top 10 Christopher Walken sounds like a nice idea.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

You have a lot more patience than me ! I could accept a one off problem but is this not the third issue in a row for you with them having assured you the problem had been fixed ? At the very least I would be wanting a free extension of subscription as compensation .

I Have got a free extension - but fat lot of good when they keep sending them to Australia despite NUMEROUS emails reminding them I am in UK - I've almost given up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
my favorite is Top 10 Christopher Walken cards. #1 will surprise the heck out of readers.

I'm guessing #1 is "Ronnie Walken". Are all of the others Batman and Bond?

Posts: 2198 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:

I'm guessing #1 is "Ronnie Walken". Are all of the others Batman and Bond?

There are no Walken Bond cards, at least i don't think there are.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Walken is pictured as Max Zorin from "View To A Kill" on a few different base cards in a couple of products. He has no autographs and the only hit I see that might be worth anything is a jacket relic card from the 2014 Bond Archives set. All those Bond material relic cards are pretty average.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my copy of the Feb/Mar mag today.

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I received mine too. Finally back on track (hopefully). Really pleased it's sorted

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Mine hasn't shown up yet. Came super-fast last issue. Maybe the mail room rotates the delivery destinations to keep us all in anticipation. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for mine to arrive. Hope it comes soon

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Hope my issue arrives soon too!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Since Don Norton got the latest issue at least two weeks earlier than normal, I took a chance and stopped at a local Barnes & Noble to see if it was on the shelves - nope. It had sold out of the last issue. I'll check again next week.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Perhaps they are buried in a snow pile. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Mine must be waiting in a snow pile too.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a B&N on Wednesday and saw several copies of this issue on the Beckett area of a magazine shelf. It was Feb 9 which might be the earliest in the month I've seen NSU in a long time. I got the previous issue just after Christmas. If the next few issues come out that fast, maybe we'll get 7 issues this year.

It's always interesting to read the news and see the final auction prices for cards unmentioned on Card Talk. I liked the preview article. I'm glad Ultraman Series One did well enough for RRParks to do a Series 2. We watched the show locally on "Captain Cosmic" back in the late 70's.

I didn't know Lindsey Greyling by name but recognized her Zorro art in the artist interview. I really like her portrait work.