Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June - July 2019 issue
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted
It was nice to see the Chewbacca sketch cards in honor of Peter Mathew Luv You
The Ingrid Hardy interview was a good read Thumb Up
The CZX Outlander promo P4 came out of my issue. How many diffeeent ones are there in these issues?

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We're in the same state but there was no sign of the new issue at my local B&N today. I want to see the Chewbacca sketches too.

quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
The CZX Outlander promo P4 came out of my issue. How many diffeeent ones are there in these issues?

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Suprisingly, I found at B&N over the weekend. Usually, I don't it there until the middle of the month.
I used to pick it up at a local comic book shop, but they would get it from Diamond weeks late on a Tuesday. Then wouldn't put it on their shelves until Wednesday with that week's new comic books Roll Eyes

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:

We have three different CZX Outlander promo cards in the issue -- P2, P3, and P4. There are also two different Zorro 100th Anniversary cards inside the issue. For those, you can find P1 and P2.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Tried to buy one on-line, paid on 31st May, got a PayPal refund on 12th June. No explanation (I assume due to selling out). But very poor customer service.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received their subscription issue in the mail yet?? (I have not...)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Has anyone received their subscription issue in the mail yet?? (I have not...)

Yes, more than a week ago.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Received mine a few weeks back

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also received mine a while back, certainly before 9th June.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went back to that B&N yesterday and it was there. It's great to see Danielle from "American Pickers" on a card in the Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball set. She's one of the celebrity signers. In another thread someone thought Topps should do an Allen & Ginter non-sports set and I agree.

I liked the artist interview and the promo column focusing on four oddball promo sets. I have just one of them.

I got the Outlander P2 and Zorro P2.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My 2 copies from the local comic store had Outlander promos P3 and P4 in them, and the 2 diff Zorro promos

I went to Barnes and Noble last week, and they said they had 3 copies, but all were sold out

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
My 2 copies from the local comic store had Outlander promos P3 and P4 in them, and the 2 diff Zorro promos

I went to Barnes and Noble last week, and they said they had 3 copies, but all were sold out

David

Your are lucky to have a local store. I only ever receive what my subscription copy provides so between us we have all four as the only Outlander promo I got was P2. All I need now are P1, P3 and P4.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John, P1 was at a convention a few months back, only P2 to P4 were in the new NSU

P5 was at the Philly show

I think I may have a lead on a P2. Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I may have a lead on a P2

Wish I had a lead on my missing NSU issue

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I went to Barnes & Noble last week to buy another copy but they were sold out. I went to another one today. One copy was out of its baggie and the only other one was still bagged but had a slit in the bottom of the baggie. The envelope was still in there so I bought it - got the Outlander P4 and the other Zorro. It appears that issue was a hot seller.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i ordered the june/july 2019 issue from the website back on june 3 and never received it i call and the said it was sent out to wait another week still no magazine then called and told it was sold out
was able to buy one at barnes and noble july 3
but i had to drive 25 miles each way
i subscribed now
my issue had the outlander p3 and the
zorro p1
promo cards

Posts: 1 | Location: waynesville n.c. | Registered: July 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I did not receive my June/July issue yet either. Hey NSU when are you going to mail it?

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
I did not receive my June/July issue yet either. Hey NSU when are you going to mail it?

Judging by the previous post you may well be out of luck, Beckett Customer service strikes again.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Called again about my missing June-July issue... Still singin' I can't get no satisfaction...

Wound up ordering the missing issue from a local comic shop - they got a copy easily and gave me a 15% discount too. Nice guy!