Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    NSU Card Talk Exclusive Superhero September Weekend Giveaway!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Card Talk Exclusive Superhero September Weekend Giveaway!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, bad luck. It's a real pity that kind of stuff happens. I once received a box set of Stephen King paperback books from the UK with one of them being limited to just 100 copies that the end fork from a fork truck had obviously ran through. Half of the books were trash, but luckily not the limited one. I filed a complaint with the USA UPS, and was sent a new set from the publisher, and got to keep the damaged books, so at least it all worked out in the end.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
That is the good news, the bad news is that the package itself gave every appearance of having been run over by several trucks. Closer examination revealed that the damage to the jiffy bag had meant that it had been torn open and stuck together with very strong adhesive tape. On opening the album is in no fit state to be given to anyone perhaps the culprit has an hatred of "Panini" and "The World of Batman" failing that probably the large jiffy bag did not fit in well with the Mail authorities automatic sorting machines. Only 9 sticker packs appear to have survived the mauling. I suspect that the damage occurred in the US as I cannot envisage the Royal Mail here in the UK having such strong adhesive tape. At least it arrived.John

I did not know that the UK has only weak adhesive tape. Big Grin

But whither it happened here or there, jiffy bags are not suitable protection to use when mailing. Sorting machines and mail processors really do destroy stuff sometimes. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my experience another clue regarding the packaging is that the British Royal Mail usually if the package is partially destroyed by them they wil put it into a plastic bag without repairing the damage and attach a note apologising for the accident. Well anyway that's what they did the last it happened to me and that was a long while ago.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It arrived last week while I was on holiday.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post