Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    NSU's Roxanne Toser on Card Corner Club Radio This Friday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU's Roxanne Toser on Card Corner Club Radio This Friday
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Non-Sport Update Publisher Roxanne Toser will be on this Friday's edition of Card Corner Club Radio with Doug Cataldo and the "Voice of the Collector" Rob Bertrand.

Card Corner Club Radio airs Friday night at 11 PM EST, 10 PM CST. These air on the web so anyone may listen live regardless of where you are located. Episodes are also available on iTunes and the website shortly after they air live on the web.

To listen live on Friday night, use the link below:

Card Corner Club Radio

If you have questions for Roxanne, call in to the show at (917) 388-4077.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This should be worth listening to allthough i think the UK will have to listen on some sort of replay.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I don't think I can get this broadcast since I'm still using a dial-up connection....

Anyone know for sure?

(I'd like to hear what our First Lady of Non-Sports has to say...)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I don't see why not, Bill. A radio stream shouldn't be too demanding. But I really am not sure.

You might try going to the site and listening to some of the archived episodes and see if they will play for you. That might be a good indication of if the "live" one will play. To do this, click on the link above and look for episodes under the "On Demand Episodes" section. Pick one and click "play".

Also, you could always download the stream (or the podcast from iTunes) later. It might take a while to download on dial-up but at least there would be no interruptions (while waiting for the buffer to refresh). The instructions for doing this are the same as above except click the download link instead of play. You'll have to wait until this episodes appears in the "On Demand" section.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the last one with Harris and Alan, it will be interesting to see what Roxanne has to say. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris... Will try that! In the past, I've had that problem with waiting for the buffer to refresh. When my prepay for dial-up runs out, I'm finally going to upgrade to high-speed now that its more affordable.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just listened to this. Nearly switched it off after the first couple of minutes of Yee Haw **** but when it settled down into some serious discussion it was quite intresting.

Nice to hear Roxanne getting some airtime and her points about advertising in the industry needed more follow up than it got.

Intresting to hear the hosts desire to get back to base sets and bubblegum and get rid of everything else, it would be nice but i fear the boat has allready sailed in the other direction.

As for the JFK relic card, fantastic or sick, you decide.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Just listened to the show - good job Roxanne! I think it's good to get the non-sport slant on shows like this too.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

As for the JFK relic card, fantastic or sick, you decide.

Words do not express how sick that is. Blood stained car seat. That's beyond bad taste.

Interesting to listen to Roxanne, wish I had switched off when she was finished.

(Edited to change the word which to wish.. I need to learn to type and spell!)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sci-FiPlanet,

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed hearing Roxanne.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post