Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    April-May Issue runs wild in the streets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April-May Issue runs wild in the streets
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Got my issue a few days ago. Has KISS on the cover, lots of Rock music related articles, plus two too short articles on new Bond and Game of Thrones. Look for a new column on sketch artists too.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Nice to see that a promo for CZX Super Heroes and Super-Villains is included in the April/May issue.

Don't know why no one on Card Talk has mentioned this one yet. The set seems great looking and the CZX branding should be big when it hits. I got PO6 Cyborg.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Got my issue a few days ago. Has KISS on the cover, lots of Rock music related articles, plus two too short articles on new Bond and Game of Thrones. Look for a new column on sketch artists too.

Always glad to see material focusing on sketch artists and sketch cards Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found it funny/ironic in "Cardboard Conversation" that Alan Biegel talks about sketch cards and introduces the "Artist Remarques" column then mentions the recent introduction of the Sketch Card Hot List. When I turn to the Hot Lists section expecting to see some sketch cards, there are no sketch cards to be found Eek
Instead, the spotlight is on Game of Thrones autograph cards. Which is good stuff Thumb Up

I look on the next page and read that the sketch artist list was substituted this issue with a special autograph tribute to Game of Thrones. That makes sense to me since the final season is coming up soon ... just wished that there was an extra page to include the sketch cards to coincide with cool sketch centric intro in the beginning of the issue.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Well, I never said it was in this issue, only that it is a reoccurring feature that is proving popular. But you are right, though, that it probably would have made the cut this time only for the fact that the timing with season 8 of GOT seemed too important to miss. Never fear, the Sketch Card Hot List will return!

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found the issue at a local Barnes & Noble on Wednesday. The article about the Star Trek Discovery set got me thinking. There's a case topper card, a 6-case incentive card, a 9-case incentive card, and an 18-case incentive, which is an Archive Box. I've seen only the pilot but a friend has been watching and says it's good though you have to accept some weird thing about the story which he didn't divulge. It makes me wonder how many collectors are going to go all in on the set. You can make some money back selling duplicates, but what is that upfront? $9000 for 18 cases?

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
My issue had promo P03, Batman, for the CZX Super Heroes & Super-Villains. I am definitely curious about this release. I am looking forward to learning more about it.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like the CZX Super Heroes & Super Villains promos generated the most buzz from this issue Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got the P02 Henry Cavill as Superman promo. I don't subscribe now as nobody from NSU comes to any UK shows anymore and the international subscription price is too expensive but I make sure to pick up whatever edition is on the shelves when visiting North America.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting this. I had a Henry Cavill as Superman and a Star Trek Discovery promo.

I only annoyance I have is that NSU takes so long to get to the UK.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I got the P02 Henry Cavill as Superman promo. I don't subscribe now as nobody from NSU comes to any UK shows anymore and the international subscription price is too expensive but I make sure to pick up whatever edition is on the shelves when visiting North America.

If you have a comic shop (or stall in a local market) they can order NSU from Diamond (the comic distributors).

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post