Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April/May 2009 NSU Not happy
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

Besides, a printed version of the price guide is really handy at card shows.

Could you explain why?

The dealer wants $5, you either pay it or you don't. It makes no diffrence to anyone what the price in the NSU guide says.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of promogal
posted Hide Post
I am happy with NSU as it is!!! I think it now contains something for everyone (or almost everyone). As a promo collector, I would not like to see the promos eliminated nor would I like to see the toy cards eliminated; I can live with the cards that have the least activity being eliminated and if they start becoming active again well, nothing is carved in stone!!

Well, that's my 2 cents worth.....fran

Posts: 92 | Location: valley stream, new york, usa | Registered: October 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Have you tried this, true story.

Years ago now at a show i saw a guy take out the NSU price guide and tell a dealer that he was trying to rip him off because the guide said the card was only worth £10.

Listening to the dealer telling the guy where to stick his price guide is a scene that has stayed with me forever. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
How about taking the online idea to the next level: make it available for cell phones and for iPods via an application. Then you've got the entire thing AND it's portable.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HELLO!
I'd deff. get in on my ipod touch! Smile

In all honesty though I do think that it would be better to have an online guide etc.
I think it is one or the other though, no point in having it online, than on trees.

Perhaps this is a way to make a green-move Smile just a thought....

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
I like the new format of the guide.I have been a collector and really don't look at the price guide unless I am looking for a particular card to buy.I enjoy reading the magazine articles and tend to do that first.I would not be adverse to having some form of guide online but I don't think it would or could ever replace the real magazine. Beckett sports guides are $6.00 a month for the basic and $24.00 to track your collection.The various gaming card guides and comic guides are also not online.

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The guide is just that a guide. Useful for trading but if I see a card I really want that is priced more than the guide I still buy it. It is nice when you purchase something cheaper than the guide price Smile I peronally would not pay any additional premium either with the magazine or on-line for a more comprehensive guide

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post