Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Promo Card Encyclopedia – 2008 Edition
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo Card Encyclopedia – 2008 Edition
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Hello All~

We are happy to announce a new for 2008 edition of Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide, compiled by Todd Jordan. Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide ("PCE") is an essential reference guide. The brand new edition is the most complete promotional trading card volume ever produced and is packed with information and values of over 8,000 promotional trading released over the past two decades, including hundreds of photos. A must for every card collector’s reference shelf!

Here are some highlights of the book:

Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide (compiled by Todd Jordan, 192 pages, $18.95)
  • Features cards from 1990 through today

• 192 pages

• Over 700 promo images

• Thousands and thousands of cards listed alphabetically with dollar values

• Includes two color galleries. The first gallery is an amusing look at ten years of publishing PCE. The second gallery, "Tomb of the Unknown", is our search for the source of some unusual and seldom scene promo cards including "Found," depicting a several cards that readers of previous editions of PCE have helped us track down.

• Produced by Non-Sport Update, the leading publication for non-sport card collectors since 1990 and written by Todd Jordan, author of The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards

Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide will debut at the upcoming Philly Non-Sports Card Show in Allentown (May 3 & 4). Those purchasing copies at the show will be the first to own the brand new edition.

Copies of the book will be available for pre-sale starting this Saturday, April 12. And in conjunction with Open That Box! day taking place on the same day, we will be offering a special on postage for those who order the book on Saturday. I’ll be posting more on that in the next day or so in this thread.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Clap

Now I have 2 things to do on Saturday !! Big Grin

Great news !

Clap

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Clap

Now I have 2 things to do on Saturday !! Big Grin

Great news !

Clap

and so I.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Whats the Dracula card on the front cover ?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Great News.
What to do first on Saturday, open a box or order the PCE?
Decisions, Decisions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Whats the Dracula card on the front cover ?

I think that's a question for Todd, since thats a personal fave of his. Oh Todd....

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Ooh I've been waiting for this one! Clap

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
It's a set called Monster Masterpieces Series Two. It wasn't a widely distributed set, but man the cards are the coolest.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What time Saturday can you order books? How much will they be?

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluegill:
What time Saturday can you order books? How much will they be?

Hi Brian:

I am not sure of the exact time but the offer should be there by the morning on Saturday, or even perhaps even late Friday evening. The book will be $18.95 plus postage -- and again, that will be at a special rate on Saturday only.

I'll post a link in this thread when the offer is up.

Thanks.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I knew Todd was being quiet for a reason! Glad to hear that it is going to be ready for Philly! I will pick up my copies there....

Is Todd coming this show?

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

Will check Friday late or Saturday a.m.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Hey there, Mike. I can not go to the show. My wife's cousin is getting married that weekend. Lame isn't it?

In my absence maybe someone can wear a flannel shirt and every so often say something that is off-the-wall that no one else but the speaker thinks is funny.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
great news, I'm definitely going to buy one. great resource.

Hopefully I won't be too late saturday because I' away the whole day and I arrive very late.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
Hey there, Mike. I can not go to the show. My wife's cousin is getting married that weekend. Lame isn't it?

In my absence maybe someone can wear a flannel shirt and every so often say something that is off-the-wall that no one else but the speaker thinks is funny.

Sorry to hear you are not going to make it Todd. Will miss seeing you!

Hmmm, there must be someone that can fill in for you, but I am not going to say the ones that pop into my mind!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
you have to now. tell us.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
No way, Philly is too close and I don't want people hitting me over the head with freshly printed PCE's.... Smile

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I am really looking forward to this one.

Don't make the same mistake as me everyone. Don't wait until it's out of print to decide you need a copy! That's what happened to me on the previous edition.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post

Thanks a lot Steve J!

OK, the Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide is now available for pre-sale on our special PCE page. You may order it now through the end of tomorrow and get half-off on your shipping charge as a special incentive for Open That Box! day.

Thanks all!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Mine's ordered - thanks Harris

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post