Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Marlin Toser Wins USA Today’s Media & Entertainment Prognostication Contest
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Toser Wins USA Today’s Media & Entertainment Prognostication Contest
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry that you have been outed as a Prognosticator and in full public view aswell. Eek

However fear not for help is at hand. With the right sort of treatment and the support of your family and friends you can overcome this and go on to lead a full and useful life. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your award Marlin! Clap

(Could you e-mail me next weeks lottery numbers - thanks a lot)

Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I'm proud to know you Marlin... Wave

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Marlin! I am very proud of you and happy for you! Smile

Guess I better hang on to that autographed card! Smile

Mike!

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Marlin!

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Marlin Thumb Up

Did you win a prize?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
My Father is very appreciative of all the comments here. Thanks everyone!!! Being the president of the 3x5 Index Card Club, he can't get online and post here himself Big Grin (btw, not trying to be rude...he just doesn't do this "online thing").

quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Congratulations Marlin Thumb Up

Did you win a prize?

Nope...He wins the glory of having his name appear in the newspaper. When we went back to re-read what the contest was all about (keep in mind that it had been a year since he entered it), we thought 'Wow, this is cool. Maybe he's won something cool?' until we got to the end and it said something like 'We can't give a prize to the winner, just the glory of having your name in USA Today'. Course this really gave us a chuckle. But it is pretty cool that of all the people in the USA who entered, he got the best score.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's awesome! Congrats!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Kennywood:

It was in Monday's newspaper.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Note that Marlin was typically humble in his quote. Wink

I don't think we should be very surprised that somebody in the card community has a finger to the pulse of popular culture.

First step, prognostications. Second step, a lucrative future reading tarot cards. Harris, get him an internet connection _fast_! A proven track record helps to separate the experts from the chaff. A knighthood would be nice, too. (It's probably a bit much to hope for a Nobel Prize in Economics unless he repeats.)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Marlin! Pretty cool.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
GO MARLIN!!!!!!! Very nice.......

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
GREAT!!! Clap

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well hey! How cool is that?!? Congrats Marlin! Clap

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UKcardboy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and celebrations Marlin, Harris I hope you at least gave Marlin a day off. I know what a hard task master you can be. Smile

Posts: 262 | Location: Hampshire,UK | Registered: December 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
DUDE Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of ezarc
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS MARLIN!!!!

Posts: 3 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post