Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PHOTO GALLERY: The Art Hustle
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Wanna know how trading cards are made and packaged? Check out our web exclusive article and photo gallery showing the making of SideKick Media's The Art Hustle. There are some really great behind-the-scenes photos here. Be sure to click on the "Photo Gallery" link to see the photos.

Web Exlusive: The Microbrewer of Trading Cards

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats really good to see that. Those massive piles of cards that all need sorting brings back some memories. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Interesting - thanks to Sidekick for the photo's Thumb Up

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Excellent article and photos! Thank you!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was really interesting.
Thanks for the great photos Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. As soon as Tom from SideKick sent over these images as an interesting aside, I knew it was something that would make for an interesting pictorial. We don't get to see these behind the scenes shot too much.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
It is interesting to see the process of making trading cards.

I saw Mr. Lipman checking the cards in various photos. I hope big companies begin to it more often.

One question about Bubble Gum in this boxes. Are like the one in old boxes? You know in direct contact with cards. Because I saw how easy the Bubble Gum destroyed complete packs of cards.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
If memory serves the caption on the picture said the bubble gum was cello wrapped. In fact, I think it said it was bought in bulk lots from Topps so it's probably like the gum found in sets like Indiana Jones Heritage. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's exactly as UberBob says. The gum is in cello packs and is the same packs of gum found in the Heritage products.

Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
TheUberBob, thanks for the answer. I asked because I had bad experience with Topps' Superman Cards.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
My pleasure! I remember the old days when the gum wasn't wrapped and would stain and stick to the card is was packed on.

-Bob-

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
My pleasure! I remember the old days when the gum wasn't wrapped and would stain and stick to the card is was packed on.

-Bob-

I remember buying the packs for the gum Eek

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post