Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Passing of Cliff Tooker

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/4797067776

August 11, 2015, 11:30 AM
H_Toser
Passing of Cliff Tooker
It's very upsetting to report that friend of NSU and The Toser's Cliff Tooker passed away last evening.

Those who came to the Philly Show know Cliff (and wife Carol) from working the admission table and taking photos at the last 10 or so shows. Cliff also worked for NSU for many years in Subscriptions Services.

Cliff was a very active person and had a very multifaceted life. Though he was in a wheelchair, it didn't slow him down and he was involved in more things that most people I know including travel clubs, a photography group, a local gun club, and many other things.

Cliff also put out a small 5-card series of nature cards a couple of years ago featuring some of his incredible shots of birds. When those came out, we did an interview with Cliff and it's still online here. Cliff talked about his love of photography, card collecting, and some other things.

A couple of years ago, Cliff and Carol traveled to Memorabilia as part of a larger vacation and got to meet many Card Talk members at our table at the show.

Cliff was fun to be around and I will miss him.

Here's a couple of photos. It was hard to find a good one of him at the Philly Show as he's always the one behind the camera so the one below is not so great. I included another one of Cliff and Carol from their trip to the U.K. This was shot in Regents Park on a day out with Batman, Hammer, Graham, and myself.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

August 11, 2015, 11:42 AM
wolfie
So sorry to hear this news. Frown

August 11, 2015, 11:49 AM
silmapco
Condolences to his wife Carol.Cliff will be missed at The Philly shows
August 11, 2015, 12:58 PM
Don Norton
Sorry to hear this. I know Cliff was a great friend to the Tosers and a big presence at the Philly show. My condolences to his wife.
August 11, 2015, 01:18 PM
NEIL BROWN
Very sorry to hear this ,condolences to the family
August 11, 2015, 04:01 PM
barobehere
I only met Cliff twice. Super nice fellow. Sorry to hear about this.
August 11, 2015, 04:10 PM
chesspieceface
He will clearly be greatly missed.
Love and condolences to his family and friends.

August 11, 2015, 07:17 PM
BILLZEE
Its so sad to hear this... Such a nice man and peaceful soul.
Also such a great contributor to NSU, the Tosers, and our little card community.

My deepest condolences to his family at this difficult time.
August 11, 2015, 07:44 PM
NL
So very sorry to know. My sincerest condolences to Cliff's family and friends.
August 11, 2015, 07:49 PM
Batman
Cliff was the best always funny, engaging, a great friend to everyone I will miss him the Philly show won't be the same without him. Shake Head

August 11, 2015, 10:11 PM
Logan
Very sad to hear. Frown I only knew him from the Philly Show where he was always very friendly and helpful. My condolences to his family & friends.
August 12, 2015, 12:35 AM
Tony Perna
This is very sad news. I always enjoyed talking to Cliff when Elaine and I were guests at the show. He will be missed.
August 12, 2015, 03:58 AM
X
Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to Cliff's family.
August 12, 2015, 05:53 AM
hammer
Cliff is a huge loss to the Philly show, NSU , the Toser's, me and especially Carol his lovely wife. Anybody that ever attend the Philly show will know what Cliff means to NSU and I was very lucky to know him as a friend. RIP Cliff and love to Carol
August 12, 2015, 09:22 AM
Mccheese8472
Deeply sadened by this. He will surely be missed!!
August 12, 2015, 09:27 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I am incredibly saddened by this. I ALWAYS enjoyed talking to Cliff at the shows.

My condolences to his family.
August 12, 2015, 09:45 AM
t.breyer
Very sad loved talking to him at every show. We always talked about the new ipad/iPhone that just released and what it did. I will miss his pictures and taking to him.
August 12, 2015, 09:48 AM
A_Biegel
A tragic loss. Cliff was such a fixture at the Philly Show his passing leaves a hole that cannot be filled. My condolences to Carol, his family and friends.

~Alan
August 12, 2015, 10:35 AM
Elaine Perna
I'm truly sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to Cliff's family and friends. Frown
August 12, 2015, 12:51 PM
vampy
the passing of any one is all ways sad to hear RIP cliff