Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stranger Things Giveaway!
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since we've had a giveaway so here we go!

As everyone should know, Stranger Things Season 3 will premiere this coming weekend. We searched the vault and found some goodies to give away in two separate bundles.

Bundle 1 - 2018 Stranger Things Season One Character Sticker Set and 2019 Stranger Things Season Two Sketch by Rich Molinelli

Bundle 2 - 2019 Stranger Things Season Two Character Sticker Set and 2019 Stranger Things Season Two Costume Relics Green/50 of Steve

To enter, just leave a comment below and tell us anything you want about Stranger Things: favorite season, favorite episode, favorite character, favorite moment, what you're looking forward to for this season, etc.

We will select a winner for each bundle.

We will announce the winners at the end of the day on Monday July 8th.

Also, we have a Spider-Man bundle giveaway over on the NSU Instragram page. Head over there and enter that, as well.

Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Personally I have never seen it yet alone know it although I have seen it mentioned here on CardTalk. In your opening statement it should read "As Everybody in America knows" why should us folk in the UK even want to know when it is being broadcast in the US. Big Grin

regards

John Levitt!

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have seen both seasons. I thought the first season started out very well and wrapped up with the last two episodes being a bit on the disappointing side.

By contrast the second season dragged along till about the mid-point and then picked up and ended quite satisfactorily for me. In fact, I think they could have left it there, without the last scene and it would have been fine as a closer.

My biggest worry is that the continuing seasons, I believe they are planning for 5, are just going to repeat themselves and the plot will just get totally foolish. That seems to be the norm for most of these limited episode runs.

John Levitt, I know both seasons are out on DVD and they were pretty cheap over here. It is set in early 1980 Mid-West USA, but if you like sci-fi and can get a region DVD, it is worth a look. Smile

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure that sketch is by Rich Molinelli. He usually signs his work RAM and his sketches are usually a different style and higher quality.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I liked the first season, but the 2nd season was not as spellbinding. I'll give the third a go. I do like the characters.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pretty much agree with Raven. Season 1 was a bit underwhelming. Season 2 I thought was much better. The last scene is really a cheat in my opinion - but I'm in for Season 3.
Do like the whole 80's vibe!

Posts: 9 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: May 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the Stranger Things Artbook coming in October! https://www.penguinrandomhouse...-artbook-by-netflix/

Are you sure that sketch is by Rich Molinelli? Doesn't look like his work to me.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I like the retro vibe the show has.

And I agree, that is NOT a Rich Molinelli sketch.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE
John Levitt, I know both seasons are out on DVD and they were pretty cheap over here. It is set in early 1980 Mid-West USA, but if you like sci-fi and can get a region DVD, it is worth a look. Smile[/QUOTE]

Raven Many thanks for the heads up re DVD's although admittedly the program does not interest me.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I guess I’d have to say season 1 since I haven't actually seen any episodes yet. I have it in my “Savage Stack” waiting in the queue...so many shows to watch, so little time to do so!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
While Season 1 seemed better, I think that's because of the novelty of the show. It was new and different. It introduced some really interesting characters (Eleven) and environments (the Upside Down).

The second season may not have seemed as exciting, but I think that's because we knew what was going on by then. Still, the second season allowed the characters to grow and we were even introduced to some new characters.

I'm hoping that the third season is when the characters start to galvanize together and become a force to be reckoned with.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It's very strange

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Glad to watch Winona Ryder on Stranger Things - I'm def a fan. Is that a Waterhouse sketch card?

...and thanks for the contest!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As to the legitimacy of the sketch artist, here is the back:

I was watching Season 2 this weekend and the sketch is very similar to Will's Zombie Boy drawing.

Stranger Things Season 2 Zombie Boy Drawing

The sketch itself almost looks like a puzzle piece of a bigger scheme. I also noticed another sketch on eBay that is listed as Rich Molinelli's and it has a very similar style:

Molinelli Sketch listing

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is really strange Smile ( how apt ! ) . The signature on the back of the card looks legit for Rich Molinelli but the sketch on the front is totally different to his normal style , of a much lower quality than his usual work, and the signature or artist mark on the front is definitely not his Confused .

My best guess is someone found a blank signed by him and doodled on it. Either that or he really does not like Stranger Things / Topps .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Maybe he drew it in the Upside Down. Big Grin

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:

I was watching Season 2 this weekend and the sketch is very similar to Will's Zombie Boy drawing.

Stranger Things Season 2 Zombie Boy Drawing

The sketch itself almost looks like a puzzle piece of a bigger scheme. I also noticed another sketch on eBay that is listed as Rich Molinelli's and it has a very similar style:

Molinelli Sketch listing

Mystery solved!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I liked both seasons and am looking forward to the new one in a couple days. I really liked Sean Astin's character (Bob Newby) in the 2nd season.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Favorite character - Eleven.

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I really like the 80's vibe of the show, both from products and the overall look of the show (looks like VHS, etc.). The second season was not as good as the first, but I am looking forward to the new season.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post