Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    PA Subscribers Waiting for latest issue...!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA Subscribers Waiting for latest issue...!
 Login/Join

Picture of Trader_Joe
posted
Hello friends,

I apologize (Harris) if this is an inappropriate use of the forum, but I didn't know how else to get this message out there. I just received my latest issue of NSU, and, much to my surprise, it was a STACK of 8 issues!

At first, I panicked. This was, unfortunately, how I found out (years ago) that another magazine I subscribed to had been discontinued. Instead of getting a refund for the difference in my subscription, they just sent me extra copies of the last issue, and called it even. Confused

So, anyway, back to the point. The reason I received EIGHT issues of NSU is because the plastic wrap bound the issues together so that 8 different subscribers' issues, including mine, were stuck together and got delivered to me. All of us live in Pennsylvania. Some of the plastic was torn, and I couldn't even separate my issue from the pack without nearly opening the plastic on other issues.

I've put a call into Beckett, and they are getting back to me. Just so you aren't kept wondering, I wanted folks to know why their issues hadn't arrived. I have them, and will send them out (if they aren't damaged), unless Beckett plans to replace them.

The subscribers are:

Alan I. F.
N. M. A.
Deena M.
Mary W.
Larry L.
Michael J. H.
Jeff Z.

I can update this thread with more info as I hear back from Beckett. In the meantime, know that your issues are in safe keeping, the promos have not been touched and they should be on their way to you shortly.

Peace,
Joe

Posts: 87 | Location: Roslyn, PA | Registered: October 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Glad you contacted customer service, Joe. I just confirmed the team is on the case. Not sure how this happened though -- must have been some sort of freak accident. I think the super moon made things go wacky! Red Face

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trader_Joe
posted Hide Post
Greetings all,

Harris, I have tried a number of times and have not made any headway with customer service at Beckett in terms of finding out how to proceed with these mis-delivered issues. Do you know if replacement issues were mailed out to all of the subscribers in PA that I listed?

I was hesitant to pay for the postage myself, because some would need to be packaged better than they are now, but I don't like to think of these folks being deprived of their issues. I will send them out, one way or another, if you think I should.

Let me know if you need any more of their info, like subscriber numbers or zip codes. I tried giving this info over the phone and was told someone would call me back. That call never came.

Trader_Joe

Posts: 87 | Location: Roslyn, PA | Registered: October 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Joe:

Yes, I believe this is being taken care of. I checked once you posted before. I am sorry though that no one has gotten back in touch with you.

I will check again to confirm.

Please give me a shout if I can help further.

Thanks again.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trader_Joe
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris!

Meanwhile, if you are one of the subscribers listed above, please weigh in if you have gotten your issue. If necessary, I was thinking I could hand-deliver some of the issues to the folks that live nearest to me.

Best wishes,
Joe