Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crusader Rabbit trading cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
I have a few and am trying to figure out how much they are worth

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1 | Location: Burbank, Ca | Registered: May 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you have duplicates or want to trade them let me know. This did actually air in the New York area in the late 60's. I even have a few of them on tape.

quote:
Originally posted by bottleneck911:
I have a few and am trying to figure out how much they are worth

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Mr. Frank must be an ole man like me to remember the show. What's next ?? Howdy Doody or Miss Francis .. ding-dong school ?( I flunked sandbox). Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pinky Lee

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
As a kid I was on "Children's Theater with Ray Forest" on NBC in a Peanut Gallery type of setup. One of the cartoons they showed every week was Crusader Rabbit.

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Alan,
Wasn't that show on TV in the 40's???
You keep telling me you are only 47?
lol!!!
beamer

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Tom Terrific and Manfred ?? Bing - bing - bing, Richochet Rabbit ??? Heckle and Jeckle ???I know....... Deputy Dawg !!!!! Twak Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alan,
Wasn't that show on TV in the 40's???
You keep telling me you are only 47?
lol!!!
beamer

Yeah Beamer, the cameras were hand-cranked, the set lighting was by candle, the NBC peacock hadn't grown any feathers yet, and on the way out they sold the kids war bonds and air raid helmets!

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed this article & seeing those CR cards that don't turn up much... I do remember watching Crusader Rabbit but only vaguely....

Does anyone remember Courageous Cat? I thought that cartoon was very cool as a little kid.

Anyone remember Diver Dan??? It was cheesey live-action for kiddies in the afternoon. The music was pitiful too. Just thought of it now!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm no spring chicken but I'm as old as I am. I also collect old time radio which was broadcast way before I was even born. I also like silent films and dinosaurs. T REX RULES! (and I DON'T MEAN THE BAND)There is also a puppet version of Beanie and Cecil that I like. I've been collecting TV shows for almost as long as cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Mr. Frank must be an ole man like me to remember the show. What's next ?? Howdy Doody or Miss Francis .. ding-dong school ?( I flunked sandbox). Metal

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I thought Diver Dan was cool, but Courageous Cat was just a rip-off of Batman! Who do you think Minute Mouse was based on? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Mr. Frank, Try.. tubtub.com for old tv shows that we saw new on tv. The only problem there is the commercials that run over and over. Lots of cartoons, tv shows and movies. Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought Diver Dan was cool, but Courageous Cat was just a rip-off of Batman! Who do you think Minute Mouse was based on?

I hear ya Batty... But back in the day there weren't any Batman cartoons so Courageous Cat helped fill the void for me. The Cat had his own version of the Batmobile, his partner Minute Mouse, and the music was way cool too!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Courageous Cat created by Bob Kane? So he was just ripping himself off?

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob, I think thats right!!

But I haven't seen one of those cartoons for at least 35+ years so I don't remember for sure...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
quote:

Bob, I think thats right!!

But I haven't seen one of those cartoons for at least 35+ years so I don't remember for sure...

I know there's a video of the opening on YouTube somewhere but I can't find it. Anyway, from the Wikipedia entry:

"Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse is a children's cartoon television show that was produced by Trans-Artists Productions and syndicated by Tele Features Inc. in 1960. The characters were created by Bob Kane as a parody of his earlier works Batman and Robin and in many ways predict the more campy aspects of the later live action series."

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post