Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Holiday Giveaway #2
 Login/Join

posted

Buckle up because it's time for NSU Holiday Giveaway #2!

The Truth Is Out There. But in here, we've got cards!

We have some really cool X-Files goodies to offer up this week from the 2019 X-Files UFOs and Aliens product by Upper Deck:

Autographs of Jeff Gulka and Doug Abrahams

Sketches by Rich Molinelli and Colin Arthurs

We will be picking two random people to each receive an auto and sketch.

Leave a comment below about anything X-Files. Who are your favorite characters from the show? Would you like to see a new X-Files series with a new cast? Do you have any cool X-Files pieces in your personal collection? We wanna hear it!

A winner will be selected after 5pm on Monday the 16th.

Be sure to also check out our Rick & Morty giveaway over on our NSU Instagram account. We have a sketch by JAX and an autograph of Kevin Michael Richardson up for grabs!

Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good evening

I only know the X-Files from collecting the sets and promos of the various X-Files cards issued in the 1990's. I have never seen the program as it never really appealed to me. I was attracted to the cards simply because the Topps cards were issued here in Europe in several languages which for me was an enjoying way of collecting the cards.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will have sketch cards in the next X-Files set from Upper Deck. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The X-Files used to be such an awesome show but I feel the last two seasons (the revival) were terrible. So I don't know how I'd feel about a reboot. Part of me thinks put it to bed. It was great at a moment in time but I don't think it can be replicated now.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a reboot with completely different lead characters. I didn't see all episodes of the last two seasons, but what I caught was bad to me. I always did like the "monster of week" ones better or a short story arc, but this constant saucer people hunt has run its course and M & S are looking weary. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I liked the cigarette smoking man!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I like the weirdness of The X-Files & the theme music was unforgettable

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Watched it T V , and movies, from day 1, loved it

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I’ve always enjoyed the X-Files; especially the early seasons. Once the focus on Mulder and Scully went away in the later seasons, I lost interest in the series. Reboot was ok; nothing about it caught my attention other than the homage episode to Kolchak: The Night Stalker which was kinda fun.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Back in 1993 my wife and I just got married and started watching The X-files together. It was fun because once it became a big hit around season 3 people would constantly come up to Rosanne because they though she looked like Agent Scully. In 1998 I went to an X-files Expo in Atlanta,GA. There were several guests there but the standout to me was Steven Williams who played X. He was super friendly as we talked what seemed like several minutes (more then most guest with a super long line).

I watched the original run both movies and the two "Revival" series. The problem with the revival is that since many people did not like the cliffhanger ending of season 10 they did a reversal for season 11 making season 10 meaningless. Season 11 was shot way too dark so several episodes were hard to see.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always a big fan of episodes that had some kind of creature. The Flukeman comes to mind!

"You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't relate to other people, so you fill your life with stuff... I'm just like all these other collector losers." -Steve Buscemi, Ghost World

Posts: 331 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan of the show Millennium, so I was happy when they wrapped up a lot of loose ends with an X-Files episode.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I like watching the old episodes when time permits. Every now an then one of the TV stations does a marathon. The original Topps series cards were well done and there were lots of promo cards.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have an entire binder full of X-Files cards from various series but as usual never got the big hit. I would love either of these signed cards.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I watched the x-files right from day 1 and loved it all but especially the aliens.

My favourite card in the prize is of course the sketch with the Alien on it. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree. The show was all about Mulder and Scully and they were rather novel characters played by good actors. It always seems like once we get a show like that, one of the actors leaves the show long enough to damage the storyline.

I saw the first episode of the recent reboot but missed that Kolchak homage. I'll have to look for that. I remember "The Night Stalker." That and "In Search of" were two of my dad's favorite shows. I didn't get to watch much of it when first run and hadn't seen it in years but then I saw the pilot with the vampire a few years ago. That was a good one and maybe the best one.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
I’ve always enjoyed the X-Files; especially the early seasons. Once the focus on Mulder and Scully went away in the later seasons, I lost interest in the series. Reboot was ok; nothing about it caught my attention other than the homage episode to Kolchak: The Night Stalker which was kinda fun.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I watch the series from episode 1 and loved it straight away but I did start to drift away when milder and sculls started to not appear in the seasons. I did watch season 12 which I enjoyed especially Rm9sbG etc which seemed to reflect our modern lifestyles. I did love the cards still hunting a few, but never got into the new sets, although I did purchase my first x files official sketch card and are starting to look for more

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the show.The last year was at times a tad confusing as they tried to cover all the unanswered questions

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to mac13 and Wuher! You have each won an X-Files auto/sketch bundle. Please email your mailing info to mbible@beckett.com and we'll get those out to you this week.

Thanks to everyone for participating! Our final round of holiday giveaways will be announced on Thursday! These are some big ones! Make sure to be following us on Instagram, too! You won't want to miss it!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to mac13 and Wuher!! Clap And thank you to Beckett. I'm now anxiously awaiting Thursday to try to redeem myself. Smile

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post