Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July 2022 Out
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
Well, I have not received my subscription issue yet, and so I just sent an email to Beckett customer service requesting a replacement issue. Hopefully it will get here before the next issue is released. Smile

One would think the process shouldn't be so complicated.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

Ask for a refund, that might hit a nerve. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
P4 was in my issue.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Worst customer service ever! Never again. It's been nearly 7 months since my order and I have only received one issue. I don't need a magazine this bad. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by andynova:

Well, I have not received my subscription issue yet, and so I just sent an email to Beckett customer service requesting a replacement issue. Hopefully it will get here before the next issue is released. Smile

Curious what was their response?

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Worst customer service ever! Never again. It's been nearly 7 months since my order and I have only received one issue. I don't need a magazine this bad. Cool

Frankly I'm surprised. I've missed maybe three issues over the course of many years of subscribing, but I just picked them up at my LHS and didn't even bother with the Call Center. Who's to say where they went and I dislike those see thru covers that everyone can read. The Call Center is offshore and the whole conversation is not worth the aggravation to me.

Still someone from Beckett should be reading your complaint. Have you tried emailing Matt Bible or Alan Biegel directly? It may not be their job, but if you have gone thru channels without luck, someone has to get back to you.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
It may not be their job, but if you have gone thru channels without luck, someone has to get back to you.

Actually, one constant I see in this modern version of the hobby is that they don't. Wink

Unfortunately Matt or Alan are not on the contact page and I guess no one is really monitoring this chat board much these days. Once upon a time we could get help here. They provide one number and one email (I assume goes to the same place) and on line chat has no time for helping with subscription issues.

I'm curious to see if andynova is getting the same responses I am.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Both Bible and Biegel do post here from time to time and Matt has an email in his profile. I wasn't suggesting a personal message. I was thinking that both should be found at @beckett.com. Subscriptions aren't their area, but perhaps they could forward it on. That would be better PR than letting you go on and on. Wink Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I received a subscription renewal last month in the mail, it contained a pre-paid envelope addressed to EG Media Investments LLC PO Box 88764 Chicago IL 60680-9908. Will this be of any help?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
mgurung@egmediamags.com

This is the email who finally handled my complaint.

It was a battle and this is my first time on card talk since it started. I had Harris Toser and Deena Acton who gifted me the subscription get involved. Between the three of us and multiple attempts I got the first and second issues of my subscription after the new one was out and the third issue of my subscription on time.

On Becketts part there is complete apathy. I had to email every step all three of us took. I also told them that if they were unable to fulfill their part of the transaction they should give Deena her money back. That seemed to prod them into action as well.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
mgurung@egmediamags.com

This is the email who finally handled my complaint.

It was a battle and this is my first time on card talk since it started. I had Harris Toser and Deena Acton who gifted me the subscription get involved. Between the three of us and multiple attempts I got the first and second issues of my subscription after the new one was out and the third issue of my subscription on time.

On Becketts part there is complete apathy. I had to email every step all three of us took. I also told them that if they were unable to fulfill their part of the transaction they should give Deena her money back. That seemed to prod them into action as well.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

You gotta love the madness of subscribing before an issue is released but you don't get it because it takes "weeks" to set up a subscription. Yet! I can go online and order a back issue of the one they couldn't send me.

Thanks for the address, they have until the 10th before I break out the hammers.

Beckett Team Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Subscriber,

Thank you for contacting Beckett media.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you please share the ticket number and email us on subscriptions@beckett.com.

We will take care of your issue on priority.

Thanks
Marcus

Posts: 10 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Beckett Team Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Subscribers,

We request to all subscribers, please email your queries to subscriptions@beckett.com or call us on our toll free number 866-287-9383.

Thanks
Marcus

Posts: 10 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beckett Team Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Subscribers,

Good day,

We request to all subscribers, please email your queries to subscriptions@beckett.com or call us on our toll free number 866-287-9383.

Thanks
Marcus

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beckett - Markush:
Hi Subscribers,

Good day,

Thanks
Marcus

You appear to have forgotten that not all subscribers are in the US so a toll free number is of no use.

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Subscriber,

Thank you for contacting Beckett media.

Could you please share the ticket number and email us on subscriptions@beckett.com.

We will take care of your issue on priority.

Thanks
Marcus

I have not been given a ticket number. I call the number, reach someone named Angel and get a list of excuses why I don't have my issue.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Just called again, number is no help if it keeps putting me in touch with the same people. Was told it was ordered through a third party (not sure how she ordered it) but was told I have to go through them to get a refund. I know she ordered before Christmas, I did not get the Feb/Mar issue...she had to call to see when Apr/May would arrive and I am still waiting for June/Jul.

No ticket number, same round of excuses with individual trying to explain to me how bi monthly subscriptions work. He even admitted other subscribers have gotten their issues.

Something is very broken here.

Beckett Team Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

We understand your concern however requesting you please email us all your queries and we will try to resolve asap.

Beckett Team Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Mykdude,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Reason we asked you to connect with third party because we are unable to refund complete remaining amount and most important third party accounts are set to auto renew by default.

So you need to contact them and asked them to cancel the account completely.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi John,

We understand your concern however requesting you please email us all your queries and we will try to resolve asap.

Markush

Many thanks for your reply, I was merely pointing out a potential problem for overseas subscribers re the telephone number being quoted however as I recently renewed my subscription I will bear in mind if and when a problem arises.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Mykdude,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Reason we asked you to connect with third party because we are unable to refund complete remaining amount and most important third party accounts are set to auto renew by default.

So you need to contact them and asked them to cancel the account completely.

That was not explained on the phone but I have figured out where my wife purchased it and made sure renewal has been cancelled.

The customer service still comes from Beckett and it's not good. Nearly 7 months into a subscription I should have 3 issues. There is no good excuse why I only have 1. The order was placed a month and a half before subscribers started to receive Feb/Mar but that wasn't enough time to get me on a mail list? I'm sure Beckett took my subscription money in a timely and efficient manner. Bad, just bad.

No worries though, live and learn.