Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July 2022 Out
 Login/Join

Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I haven’t received the current issue either and I emailed customer service a few weeks ago and they told me in effect to wait until June 21 to receive it. June 21 arrived but my magazine has not. I emailed them again yesterday. I have not heard back from them yet.

Why is this so difficult to receive subscription magazines? I know that Beckett has other magazines and I am wondering if these subscription problems exists with all them also.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I was told 21 June before they were "allowed" to ship it, so it might be in the mail. It's really bizarre. Like there is a two month window to get subscriptions in the mail.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Like there is a two month window to get subscriptions in the mail.

I think that's about right. My subscription comes up around August. Seems like I start getting renewal notices in January, which I ignore. However if you wait for your last issue to come before renewing, you may well miss the next issue.

Also missing an issue because your subscription hasn't been set up/renewed is different than missing an issue in the middle of your active subscription and I think gets handled by two different groups, but the same customer service contact. Once something is outsourced the system never works like it did when someone was actually responsible for it. Not an excuse, just an observation.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Like there is a two month window to get subscriptions in the mail.

I think that's about right. My subscription comes up around August. Seems like I start getting renewal notices in January, which I ignore. However if you wait for your last issue to come before renewing, you may well miss the next issue.

Also missing an issue because your subscription hasn't been set up/renewed is different than missing an issue in the middle of your active subscription and I think gets handled by two different groups, but the same customer service contact. Once something is outsourced the system never works like it did when someone was actually responsible for it. Not an excuse, just an observation.

I can't think of anything different. One would think to get the subscriptions out all at one time and get it over with would be the best concept. I get missing an issue if you renew too close to the release date of the next issue. I don't get missing the next issue ordered a month and a half before it ships.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have several different types of magazine on subscription and in my experience the only ones that have given me problems are those that have been outsourced by the publisher to another company. Admittedly all these magazines are UK based however with Beckett based in Texas and the subscriptions being handled by a Chicago company I think that is where the problems lies.

regards

John

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have several different types of magazine on subscription and in my experience the only ones that have given me problems are those that have been outsourced by the publisher to another company. Admittedly all these magazines are UK based however with Beckett based in Texas and the subscriptions being handled by a Chicago company I think that is where the problems lies but of course I could be wrong...

regards

John

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I finally received the June/July issue in yesterday's mail. This was the replacement one that Beckett sent. It arrived in a brown manilla envelope from a Beckett address in Dallas, TX. Thank you very much Beckett.

And as a bonus, I also received the new Aug/Sept issue yesterday. The outer plastic wrapping was torn apart and the barely covering the magazine. And the mailing label was actually stuck on the back cover of the magazine. However, the magazine itself was totally undamaged and the promo card envelope was inside, all safe and sound. So now I have back to back issues to read. Yippee

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
I finally received the June/July issue in yesterday's mail. This was the replacement one that Beckett sent. It arrived in a brown manilla envelope from a Beckett address in Dallas, TX. Thank you very much Beckett.

And as a bonus, I also received the new Aug/Sept issue yesterday. The outer plastic wrapping was torn apart and the barely covering the magazine. And the mailing label was actually stuck on the back cover of the magazine. However, the magazine itself was totally undamaged and the promo card envelope was inside, all safe and sound. So now I have back to back issues to read. Yippee

Glad you received these Andy though sorry to hear about the condition of your Aug/Sep issue. Sounds like it's amazing the promo cards stayed inside. Enjoy your reading.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
So now I have back to back issues to read.

Take the Aug/Sep issue and put it face down on a table. Put the Jun/Jul issue face up on top of it.

Now you have a back issue's back back to back with the back of the new issue.

Posts: 2213 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post