Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Variant & Standard Issue of NSU Dec '16/Jan '17 Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Variant & Standard Issue of NSU Dec '16/Jan '17 Issue
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Here are the details on this year's variant issue printed for MCM Birmingham Comic Con taking place November 19 & 20 at the NEC in Birmingham, England.

With the release of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story around the corner, it seems appropriate this year's cover should be Star Wars focused. In fact, both our standard Dec/Jan issue and the variant cover will feature imagery from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The standard issue features the "light side" on the cover with the movie's heroes while the variant issue features the "dark side" (villains).

Our standard issue will contain promo cards for Star Trek 50th Anniversary from Rittenhouse Archives and Monty Wolverton II: Woverton's Woman from RRPArks CARDS (four different are randomly inserted one per copy). The limited-edition variant issue contains both of these along with an exclusive sequentially-numbered Rogue One Mission Briefing promo card found exclusively in the variant issue. The magazine's features and departments are the same in both issues. This is a change from past variant issue where you only got the exclusive -- this year, you get the exclusive AND the regular promos. The issue will be on sale at MCM Birmingham Comic Con for £11.

Below are images of the two covers. I hope to see some Card Talk members at the show.

ABOVE: Standard Dec '16/Jan '17 Non-Sport Update cover

ABOVE: Variant Dec '16/Jan '17 Non-Sport Update cover

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How many copies of the variant have been printed Harris?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Those are a couple of good looking covers. Great touches for the variant issue with having an exclusive numbered promo along with the regular promos Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
How many copies of the variant have been printed Harris?

I am not sure if it's been fully decided yet amoung the team here or if the number will be released but it's a very low print run, especially for an exclusive Star Wars promo card found no where else.

Also, thanks Heroes For Hire!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the past, as with that one you did with the Wicket the Ewok card in it, you could purchase these from the NSU store.

Will that be true this time ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
In the past, as with that one you did with the Wicket the Ewok card in it, you could purchase these from the NSU store.

Will that be true this time ?

I have not heard back for certain yet. I would assume so but complete details are still being ironed out.

Also, don't forget those who come to the show will get a free Iron Dead Legends show exclusive promo card from Iron Dead Studios as mentioned and shown in this thread. No purchase necessary on that one and it's free and exclusive to show attendees while supplies last.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Looking good

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Anyone going too Birmingham who could pick me up a copy of the exclusive?

In fact I have few Star Wars collecting buddies I know would be after this too.

Send me an e-mail if you can help out Wink

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is the show exclusive magazine limited to one per person? While I would not advocate allowing someone to buy half the copies or anything silly like that I know at least one Star Wars fan who wants me to get him a copy in addition to my own one.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Is the show exclusive magazine limited to one per person? While I would not advocate allowing someone to buy half the copies or anything silly like that I know at least one Star Wars fan who wants me to get him a copy in addition to my own one.

As far as I know it has never been 1 per person, I am sure you can buy 2,3 or 4 copies with no worries

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have not heard a limit yet but I am sure we can accommodate a couple of issues for you (or others). That should not be a problem.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

I have not heard a limit yet but I am sure we can accommodate a couple of issues for you (or others). That should not be a problem.

Thank you Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Triple Frog you could buy one for me as well with Harris's permission of course as I cannot go the show.

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get my hands on a copy, too. Hopefully they make it to the NSU store.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Perhaps Triple Frog you could buy one for me as well with Harris's permission of course as I cannot go the show.

regards

John Levitt

E-mail sent Wave .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:

e-mail sent Wave .

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:

e-mail sent Wave .

Many thanks Richard for your kind offer.

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I hope to find it in the NSU store.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Details on how you can order one of the variant issues as well as a picture of the promo itself can be found here: http://www.beckett.com/news/ex...pdate-variant-issue/

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post