Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Variant & Standard Issue of NSU Dec '16/Jan '17 Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Variant & Standard Issue of NSU Dec '16/Jan '17 Issue
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Limited to 999. Pretty cool Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a much higher number than I expected Eek . The Arrow variant was numbered to 250.

Don' t think we need to worry about selling out at the show Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:

Limited to 999.

That's what i was worried about, way too many to be classed as a limited special for a show etc, these will just be available anywhere.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The card is printed to 999 but we actually ran much less of the magazine (just about half or so). So this is not really correct. There are no plans to distribute the balance of the cards.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. I think 999 is pretty limited for a Topps Star Wars promo. Some Star Wars collectors worldwide, who aren't that interested in cards, will want a copy with the card. Star Wars card collectors as well as the average promo collector will want the card. Beckett might want to print up more copies after all.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:

Limited to 999.

That's what i was worried about, way too many to be classed as a limited special for a show etc, these will just be available anywhere.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder, copies of Non-Sport Update's 2016 MCM Birmingham Comic Con variant issue are available for purchase through our website. The issue contains an exclusive limited-edition, sequentially-numbered Star Wars promo card. If you'd like to read about the issue and see the promo card inside, take a look here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, I noticed that you said there were 4 diff Wolverton promos in the new issue (1 per copy) but my two copies had # 3 and # 5

Does the new issue have # 2, 3, 4 and 5 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found out the answer

The new NSU has promos # 3 to 6, no # 1 or 2

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Found out the answer

The new NSU has promos # 3 to 6, no # 1 or 2

I can sleep easy now Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolverton promos # 1 and 2 were available through the Kickstarter, and some other means, but not NSU. I believe that RR Parks said they are more limited than the rest

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
The card is printed to 999 but we actually ran much less of the magazine (just about half or so). So this is not really correct. There are no plans to distribute the balance of the cards.

Those extra Star Wars promos shouldn't just be stored in a box in an office. Gotta find more ways to distribute them. Maybe in a Star Wars issue Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think a couple of others promos sold for a little higher, but I forgot to copy those down.
Here's one though one that I was able to re-find ...

Star Wars Rogue One Mission Briefing NEC UK Show Exclusive Gloss Promo Card P1
$11.05
Feb. 1, 2017
https://www.ebay.com/itm/311787632086