Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    August/September Arrives in my Mailbox
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August/September Arrives in my Mailbox
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My local comic store said he'll have them Aug 31.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at a Barnes & Noble today but it had just the Brady Bunch one so we don't have the latest issue on this coast either.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at another B&N today and it had the new issue. I got the CZX Middle Earth P1 and the Three Stooges P1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the inclusion of more pre-2015 autographs in price guide. It feels like a tiny preview of what’s in store for the upcoming Almanac.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I stopped at another B&N today and it had the new issue. I got the CZX Middle Earth P1 and the Three Stooges P1.

Those are same ones that I got Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened up a bunch of the new issues and pulled Middle Earth P2 from each. I just picked up a P1 on ebay. Need a P3. Can anyone help ? There were a few on ebay in mid-August but I don't see anymore...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I don't know what is happening to my subscription. Last issue went to Australia - still nothing with this issue Shake Head

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My local comic shop got the issue yesterday

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In my LHS too, along with new 2021 Non-Sport Almanac.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I bought the Aug/Sept issue in a local shop last weekend. It had the Three Stooges promo card and P1 for CZX Middle-Earth.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for my copy Mad

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That is weird that it has happened to you twice in a row and it doesn't appear to be happening to anyone else in the UK nor elsewhere. John Levitt used to receive his subscription copy about a week after the first person reported getting his/hers but it's more like 2 weeks this year (and he got the latest one about that quickly), so your problem seems separate from a COVID-related shipping delay especially since the previous one circled the globe before reaching you. Maybe someone at NSU should try mailing you a copy in a sturdy envelope through normal international mail to see if the same thing happens.

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is weird that it has happened to you twice in a row and it doesn't appear to be happening to anyone else in the UK nor elsewhere. John Levitt used to receive his subscription copy about a week after the first person reported getting his/hers but it's more like 2 weeks this year (and he got the latest one about that quickly), so your problem seems separate from a COVID-related shipping delay especially since the previous one circled the globe before reaching you. Maybe someone at NSU should try mailing you a copy in a sturdy envelope through normal international mail to see if the same thing happens.

quote:

That's what I'm waiting for, I was assured the Australia problem was corrected and that it had been sent. I don't know what's happening. This has been since I renewed my subscription.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It arrived today, via Australia!!!! I was assured this had been resolved

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
What a journey!

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did they tell you what the issue was specifically or did they just say it was resolved? You could understand an isolated misprint of your address or a misread of it on the post office's part but how does something that weird happen again and just with you?

quote:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is not something that is unique to one person as in the past I too have had my subscription copy arrive via Australia. It must be something to do with how the copies are distributed as the labels look as if they are printed here in the UK and if not in the Uk printed on behalf of a British Company called "The Mail Group" whose post code is in the Twickenham area.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did they tell you what the issue was specifically or did they just say it was resolved? You could understand an isolated misprint of your address or a misread of it on the post office's part but how does something that weird happen again and just with you?

quote:

Nothing specific. I assumed it had been corrected for this issue, however I have yet to receive the current Oct/Nov issue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,