Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
August/September Arrives in my Mailbox

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/4047027696

August 25, 2021, 11:42 AM
Tommy C
August/September Arrives in my Mailbox
My local comic store said he'll have them Aug 31.
August 26, 2021, 01:20 AM
catskilleagle
I stopped at a Barnes & Noble today but it had just the Brady Bunch one so we don't have the latest issue on this coast either.
August 30, 2021, 01:40 AM
catskilleagle
I stopped at another B&N today and it had the new issue. I got the CZX Middle Earth P1 and the Three Stooges P1.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
September 06, 2021, 03:12 AM
Heroes For Hire
Glad to see the inclusion of more pre-2015 autographs in price guide. It feels like a tiny preview of what’s in store for the upcoming Almanac.
September 06, 2021, 05:16 PM
Heroes For Hire
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I stopped at another B&N today and it had the new issue. I got the CZX Middle Earth P1 and the Three Stooges P1.

Those are same ones that I got Thumb Up
September 07, 2021, 10:32 AM
David R
I opened up a bunch of the new issues and pulled Middle Earth P2 from each. I just picked up a P1 on ebay. Need a P3. Can anyone help ? There were a few on ebay in mid-August but I don't see anymore...
September 08, 2021, 08:55 AM
hammer
I don't know what is happening to my subscription. Last issue went to Australia - still nothing with this issue Shake Head
September 09, 2021, 11:31 PM
Heroes For Hire
My local comic shop got the issue yesterday
September 10, 2021, 01:39 PM
Raven
In my LHS too, along with new 2021 Non-Sport Almanac.
September 18, 2021, 09:27 AM
Curler
I bought the Aug/Sept issue in a local shop last weekend. It had the Three Stooges promo card and P1 for CZX Middle-Earth.
September 27, 2021, 09:11 AM
hammer
Still waiting for my copy Mad
September 28, 2021, 01:02 AM
catskilleagle
That is weird that it has happened to you twice in a row and it doesn't appear to be happening to anyone else in the UK nor elsewhere. John Levitt used to receive his subscription copy about a week after the first person reported getting his/hers but it's more like 2 weeks this year (and he got the latest one about that quickly), so your problem seems separate from a COVID-related shipping delay especially since the previous one circled the globe before reaching you. Maybe someone at NSU should try mailing you a copy in a sturdy envelope through normal international mail to see if the same thing happens.

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

September 28, 2021, 02:36 AM
hammer
quote:
That is weird that it has happened to you twice in a row and it doesn't appear to be happening to anyone else in the UK nor elsewhere. John Levitt used to receive his subscription copy about a week after the first person reported getting his/hers but it's more like 2 weeks this year (and he got the latest one about that quickly), so your problem seems separate from a COVID-related shipping delay especially since the previous one circled the globe before reaching you. Maybe someone at NSU should try mailing you a copy in a sturdy envelope through normal international mail to see if the same thing happens.

quote:

That's what I'm waiting for, I was assured the Australia problem was corrected and that it had been sent. I don't know what's happening. This has been since I renewed my subscription.
November 02, 2021, 09:27 AM
hammer
It arrived today, via Australia!!!! I was assured this had been resolved
November 02, 2021, 11:41 AM
jademaliburoad
What a journey!

November 02, 2021, 04:00 PM
catskilleagle
Did they tell you what the issue was specifically or did they just say it was resolved? You could understand an isolated misprint of your address or a misread of it on the post office's part but how does something that weird happen again and just with you?

quote:

November 02, 2021, 06:46 PM
JOHN LEVITT
It is not something that is unique to one person as in the past I too have had my subscription copy arrive via Australia. It must be something to do with how the copies are distributed as the labels look as if they are printed here in the UK and if not in the Uk printed on behalf of a British Company called "The Mail Group" whose post code is in the Twickenham area.

regards

John

November 03, 2021, 06:30 AM
hammer
quote:
Did they tell you what the issue was specifically or did they just say it was resolved? You could understand an isolated misprint of your address or a misread of it on the post office's part but how does something that weird happen again and just with you?

quote:

Nothing specific. I assumed it had been corrected for this issue, however I have yet to receive the current Oct/Nov issue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,