Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jun/Jul Issue of NSU
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
I'm updating the website with the new issue of NSU tonight. Please see the cover below.

This issue shipped a little early so we could have copies on-hand at the Philly Show. With Philly having a Star Wars theme, it made sense to have the issue in-hand for the show.

We haven't had an original art cover is quite some time but we have one this issue. Grant Gould has created a really cool Empire Strikes Back cover to coincide with our 30 Years of Empire Strikes Back cover story and the new Topps Empire Strikes Back 3-D set. You can get the lowdown on the rest of the new issue's contents, including our four promo cards, on our current issue page. Don't forget that you can click on the small promo card images to get a larger version of them.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Very awesome!
Clap

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Fantastic cover and the Brides of Dracula promo is great. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Great to see.........Ya - ya - ya - ya Yoda, (but no "Wolfie" in the background........How Rude !!!). Eek Roll Eyes Big Grin Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
The cover is featured on TheForce.net today.

TheForce.net: Non-Sport Update Celebrates Empire

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Still wished I could have been there. Had to sacrifice for Celebration V. I pray my issue arrives shortly even though I just barely got the last issue. Thanks Harris for resending. I pray this one finds its way to me!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got it today, this time it was early. Loved the promos. Thumb Up

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Had a lot of fun reading the article on the Crusader Rabbit cards, NSU should continue to do these research pieces. I didn't even know about the cards, but it brought up vague memories of the cartoon series that I had all but forgotten about. I didn't see it when it originally was on TV (I'm not THAT old), but I must have caught the reruns at some point when I was a kid because I knew the characters in reading the article. So thanks NSU for the trip down memory lane. Smile

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed it, Raven. Arnold Bailey is the card collecting crypt keeper around here; the CR piece was his idea and Roxanne just happened to have the cards we used for the print images. It takes a village!

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Crusader Rabbit is a cool set, and very hard to find even single cards. Great article. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Harris,

I was wondering how come 5finity products are never discussed or featured or mentioned in the magazine. Even sadlittles cards are on the release schedule but 5finity is not. I know they are a smaller company but have quite a large fan base now and have had some major licenses this year including VOLTRON.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
Harris,

I was wondering how come 5finity products are never discussed or featured or mentioned in the magazine. Even sadlittles cards are on the release schedule but 5finity is not. I know they are a smaller company but have quite a large fan base now and have had some major licenses this year including VOLTRON.

Hi Flag City:

We have written about both Sadlittles and 5finity in the magazine previously.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Hi, small question. In the price guide under Paranormal Activity, it states there is a NSU promo for that upcoming card product. Did that already come out and I never got it, or is it coming out in the next issue? Thanks!

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi s8zaphod:

There was a Paranormal Activity promo card in Volume 21, #2 (Apr/May '10) that was labeled NSU.