Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evel Knievel 1974
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I haven't been here in about 15 years so apologies for my ignorance. I've recently been looking at my box of old autos from 20 plus years ago and also found an uncut topps sticker sheet for the stickers which accompanied the 1974 card release. Massive thing, rolled up. I think I may have bought it from the doctor whose collection of old sport cards is about to be auctioned, not sure. He seemed familiar.

Is this sheet worth anything?

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First of all, a moderator might move this topic to the General Discussion category so don't be surprised if it isn't in this category the next time you check.

Does your uncut sheet contain all 22 stickers? In "The Sport Americana Price Guide to the Non-Sports Cards" Number 4 by Chris Benjamin, it says that the Knievel stickers are similar but not identical to those from the "Way Out Wheels" set (Topps, 1970). The Knievel stickers have tan backs while the "Wheels" stickers have white backs and the mini stickers are arranged differently. Keep in mind that the Knievel card set was a test issue so whatever a "Way Out Wheels" uncut sticker sheet goes for, a Knievel sheet would go for a lot more. I don't know the market on those, though.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by DavidJohnston:
I haven't been here in about 15 years so apologies for my ignorance. I've recently been looking at my box of old autos from 20 plus years ago and also found an uncut topps sticker sheet for the stickers which accompanied the 1974 card release. Massive thing, rolled up. I think I may have bought it from the doctor whose collection of old sport cards is about to be auctioned, not sure. He seemed familiar.

Is this sheet worth anything?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The good news it is the Evel Knievel release with multiples of each set except for one set which is missing (the bad news) but since ordered.

Thanks for your help Jess.

Posts: 687 | Location: Manchester UK | Registered: September 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post