Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Thoughts on Price Guide in Current Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Price Guide in Current Issue
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
just received my copy and love it.

i just renewed my subscription, largely based on the seperate "full" price guide.

THANKS!

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just got my copy of the new issue and I agree this new way is much better. I for one was for the other way when it originated but it became too much of a pain in the neck. Not only having the price guide split in half, but also having it divided another way from pre-2004 and post-2004. It was too complicated to locate sets and I always had to carry around 2 issues to have a full guide. The cost increase doesn't bother me at all. I'll gladly pay the extra $1 to have the full price guide in every issue. I hope it stays just like this. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I love the new pull out price guide. I was aware that the price guide was formerly a separate piece because I have bought back issued through this site.

I am glad the price guide has come full circle. The price guide is quite portable for the card show attendees.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Nice to have a price guide that I can take along to friends homes so we can see what cards we have. It saves on bringing my binders to there place. Found some printing errors in it, (A Star Trek set put in twice: Star Trek Deep Space 9 Complete).

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I guess I'll wait until I get my issue before commenting. My renewal is up so it will be a little while before I get the copy. If Mike T and Barrett says it great, who am I to disagee with them. I'm sure I'll love it. I still will keep it together as a whole when I attend shows because that's when I have time to actually read the articles...

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Heres my two cents...

What I like: Its faster & easier for me to find cards & prices in the one consolidated alphabetic listing.

What I don't like: My price guide gets pretty ratty inside that paper cover (not very sturdy or weather-proof)

What I suggest:
Could you format the guide pages so there is a wider margin (near the staples) that would accomodate a 3-hole punch without putting holes in the listings? Then we could store the price guide sections in a slim notebook or binder Thumb Up

Keep up the good work people...Love my NSU!!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
computer says no Smile the prints getting smaller and smaller

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Either that or we are all getting older.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I was born old wolfie, the print font is getting smaller, I need an online version of the mag so I can make it all bigger Big Grin

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post