Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Non-Sport University Article Vol 21 #5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport University Article Vol 21 #5
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
As someone who lives a few hours away from New Orleans, has a sister who for the last decade lived in New Orleans and from someone who goes there often; I am wondering how long was your stay in New Orleans for this wonderful observation, Dave?
"Of course, NOLA has its own share of circumstances and often different collector shops now offer mildewed or distressed items, when saleable at all."
Where were you? I have NEVER seen anyone in the NOLA area trying to sell cards in this condition.
Did you try the shops on Magazine Street? Did you go to any of the novelity shops off of Jackson Square? This quote paints a very unflattering and negative picture of the people and the charater of this great American city.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of NSU NSU
posted Hide Post
You're right, of course. The specific comment you cite actually refers to a lot of other things outside of cards. It was an "orphan" sentence from an edited paragraph which ranged from discussions about yard sales and distressed heirlooms, to visits to vinyl, print and other stores. I certainly didn't intend to characterize these conditions as the norm, particularly with the local card business. There are plenty of treasures to find, safe from any weather, throughout NOLA, and next time I get down there, I hope I can count on some local sages like barobehere to help me ferret them out!

Posts: 1 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post