Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dec 2017/Jan 2018 in Europe
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
My issue arrived today.

A first quick glance at the "Arrow" article in "News & Noteworthy" gave me no confidence in buying ongoing TV series releases from Cryptozoic when their own statement says it's a solid performer...so they cancel any future releases Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Those articles are meant to promote the product and the statements made by manufacturers are always going to be super positive. Also the write up is usually done well in advance, so things can change afterwards. How many times did articles appear in NSU about cards that were significantly altered upon release or were even cancelled? Quite a few as I remember.

It is unfortunate that CZE dropped Arrow and Gotham for whatever reason. The cards were well done and the shows are still on air, so obviously there are enough fans. I know that card collectors of those titles have to feel like they have been left in midstream. Perhaps someone else will pick up those abandoned titles seeing as there is a market for them.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My issue also arrived today with the post deciding to curl the magazine to put through the letterbox that is wide enough for it uncurled. He will reminded about it tomorrow. Ands of course the cad was slightly curved as a result. Hopefully leaving it the bottom of a stack of cards will sort it.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post