Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Beckett's 4th Annual Superhero September Final Giveaways!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beckett's 4th Annual Superhero September Final Giveaways!
 Login/Join

posted

Hey Everyone,

Today we will be offering up our final giveaways and boy are they some doozies! First, thanks to everyone who has participated here and on our various social media sites. The support is very much appreciated. Also, be sure to check back during October as we will be doing our 4th Annual Slamoween giveaways and some very special Halloween giveaways (which include a couple boxes of 2018 Aliens by Upper Deck).

Now, for the good part! We will be having three separate giveaways: one on The Fat Packs Podcast's Twitter page, one on here and one on NSU's Instagram page. The prizes are listed below:

Fat Packs Podcast's Twitter Page: A Box of 2018 Black Panther courtesy of Upper Deck

NSU Card Talk: A 2018 Supergirl Season 1 Wardrobes card of Laura Vandervoort as Indigo #40/49 (Another like it recently sold on eBay for $250!)

NSU Instagram: A Box of 2018 Supergirl Season 1 courtesy of Cryptozoic

For Card Talk, just leave a comment below about NSU. What do you want to see in the future? What do you like or what don't you like? Basically, just give us feedback and you'll be entered.

All winners for these various prizes will be selected at the end of business on Monday, October 1st. We will give selected winners one week to respond. If we receive no response, we will be forced to select an alternate.

Good Luck!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BeckettBible24,

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So what do we have to do for this one? Consider me "entered" if posting here is all it takes. Big Grin And thanks again for all these goodie giveaways. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Logan,

I've edited the description. Basically, just leave a comment providing feedback about NSU. What you want to see, what you like, don't like, suggestions, opinions, and the like. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
So what do we have to do for this one? Consider me "entered" if posting here is all it takes. Big Grin And thanks again for all these goodie giveaways. Thumb Up

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more articles about the inner working of the card manufactoers. I would like to see what goes into the process of selecting a property to the finish product.
That would be nice.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the contest!

I'd like to see NSU more accessible, in general I am not able to find it locally.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the editorials in NSU!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Contests have been awesome!! However I wish there were other ways to enter besides social media.
I would like to see more updates on card releases. Too often its the day before that we find out the final release date.

Posts: 2 | Location: New York | Registered: September 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I like the various writers in NSU. The articles are all well done. Thank you for the contest.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
As far as NSU goes, I have no real issues with the content and I really enjoy just about every issue, but I’d sure like to see some improvement in the customer support/subscription side of things. The lack of customer support is gotten to be so bad that I’ve been unable to renew my subscription! After multiple attempts to renew, I’ve just about given up. Perhaps a bit off topic, but thanks for running these contests!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I echo aeolus14ummbra's comment regarding customer support/subscription as I too had problems and my only other comment is surely you mean that a similar card to the prize was sold on eBay as to my mind you are implying that the prize is the card that was sold.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My thing is autograph cards so I would be interested in articles from card makers like RA regarding how they chase down signers and what they have to go through to get someone to sign. Also collector and dealer stories of making unexpected card or hobby finds are always relatable.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more "plus" and "minus" arrows next to prices to keep up with fluctuations in the market. Most times cards are worth more when initially released and then eventually drop in price. Well sometimes the price guide is too slow to adjust (or doesn't adjust at all) with those drops. The same can be said about increases. The initial pricing in the guide just stays stagnant. Speaking for myself I'm much more likely to buy a price guide that shows numerous price changes from issue to issue as opposed to one where prices hardly ever change.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I would love to see articles on what it takes to make a product. From design to obtaining autographs to the packout process. See what differs between the manufacturers.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see more on upcoming releases, I know some of the card companies can be tricky but try some smaller companies. The editorial is my favourite and go to read for every issue.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see more articles regarding individual sets that are scarce or have really scarce individual cards. The background behind the set, especially the artist sets.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Like some other's have said i'd like to see some reports on what happens between somebody saying let's make a card set on this subject and the card appearing in my hand, i think that would be a really intresting project.

Plus i would like somebody to check the price guide more closely to sort out all the errors and get more realistic with the prices.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
What do you want to see in the future?

-Wrestling Hot List
-More collector profiles like Non-Sport Neighborhood &/or just seeing some collector's personal collections

What do you like or what don't you like?

Likes - Hot Lists along with articles and info that isn't found by jumping on the internet.

Dislike - Limited pricing of sketch cards. Having pricing of 2017 Marvel Premier Hellfire Club Portraits is nice to see, but I feel that pricing based on the character is less effective than pricing by the artist in a particular set. The Hellfire Club insert set is numbered to 30 of each character, so did 30 different artists draw one card each of those 15 characters in the Hellfire set? I feel that 30 different artists drawing Jean Grey in that set could range much more wildly than Melike Acar drawing 30 different characters. True, characters have an impact on price, but not as much as the artist drawing the card. Theoretically, the range for Jean Grey in that Hellfire set could be $15 - $300, where as Melike Acar drawing any particular character on single panel card for a set could possibly range $125-$300.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I would like to see some behind the scenes information e.g. how long does it take on average to put a set together? What are the biggest challenges faced when putting a set together?

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love this site! I think what I love most about It is seeing a community of other collectors out there that are separate from the sports cards crowd. I'm really looking forward to the Infinty war box set and hoping to see an unboxing! Love supergirl and Smallville!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Nyc | Registered: September 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi BeckettBible24,

I would like to see the promo column in each issue. I would like to see the magazine with more articles every issue. It's been hovering around 40 pages not counting the price guide. The Tosers had to cut back the page total several years ago to save money. I'm sure that's why you've kept it at that but NSU should pack more content into every issue. It seems like it takes me only ten minutes to read all the articles.

I agree with the others about writing articles about how sets are planned, printed, and packed. I want to see articles about oddball sets and oddball cards (errors, samples, etc. - stuff that shows up on Ebay after a manufacturer goes out of business). I like the articles about the old stuff from the 50's and 60's though I'm not into that much. From reading various threads on CardTalk, it looks like it's time for one or two articles on the two Simpsons series by Skybox (people still talk about the promos, the Art de Bart sketches, and the Bartarang). With people talking about wrestling, maybe NSU should interview a wrestling card expert. There's a guy on Ebay who seems very knowledgeable. Ask him about how things are going. Ask him about rarities and the stuff that surprised him.

I see interest in improving the guide and the almanac. Maybe there should be an article about how the guide was revamped and how the almanac has developed over the past couple of years. Let us know how we can help. In my own checking of the 2017 almanac I've seen inaccurate listings myself (old pricing, missing cards, etc.) but I also understand the enormity of the task of accounting for all the modern cards and their current going rates. Should I make a big list and send it to you?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
Hey Logan,

I've edited the description. Basically, just leave a comment providing feedback about NSU. What you want to see, what you like, don't like, suggestions, opinions, and the like. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post