Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non Sport Update availablity...
 Login/Join

Picture of Racer Xavier
posted
Is the NSU available anywhere besides by getting a subscription?

Posts: 42 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Even though a subscription saves you money... you can order single issues.

I have several times.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
In the UK it's sold in various comic stores, and some larger stores e.g.Borders (do you have this in the US?). It sounds obvious but have you looked on auction sites online or online stores?

Its Not Subscription Unique ! Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Yes,we have Borders.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
NSU should be available at any comic store in the USA and also places like Borders.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to find it anywhere so I rely on just ordering it from the website itself.

Must be the small town I live in.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen it at Borders and also at Barnes and Noble.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Racer Xavier:
Is the NSU available anywhere besides by getting a subscription?

Hi Racer Xavier:

As everyone else has posted, for the most part Barnes & Noble and Borders are the two main chains where you will find NSU. Not all stores in the chain carry it.

And has been said, all comic shops and hobby shops who order through Diamond Comic Distributors can get a copy for you. Many comic shops can also set up a "subscription" for you as well where they will order all copies for you and save them for you until you come in.

By the way, if you are going to the Baltimore Comic Con next weekend (I see you are from Baltimore), you'll likely find some dealers there who carry the magazine, such as Wandring Rebel.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
NSU should be available at any comic store in the USA.
Yes, they should. The one local comic book store close by does sell it, BUT the most recent issues are almost a year old! Roll Eyes

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
NSU should be available at any comic store in the USA and also places like Borders.

If only this were true. The only comic shop other then The Mystery Box that I have ever found NSU was Van's cards and comics, and I hate his shop. Van is a ...(insert your negative word here).

Most comics shops seem to overlook the magazine because of instead of putting it with the Cards on the Diamond Comics order form, it is back with other magazines like Fangoria or (name your obscure magazine).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my view the most reliable way of obtaining the magazine is to buy it on subscription.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
been gettin NSU for 8 yrs through my local comic shop and have had no problems Thumb Up
maybe its time i subscribed lol Twak

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I subscribe,and have always gotten mine-never lost...yet,but hoping never. Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I know I've got to get a subscription.

With my penchant for promos- it helps. However, I'd get it even without the promos. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I have mine on order from a local comic shop.
But I'm thinking about taking a subscription out at the NEC in November.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Would that it were true. My local hobby store only orders a couple of copies. Even the larger bookstores have it tightly limited, so unless you remember to reserve one or come in shortly after the new issue arrives you can easily be shutout. After missing a couple issues like this I slapped myself on the side of the head and took a subscription. Its the only sure way to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
I have always ordered through my local comic shop and had no problems in all the years i have been getting NSU.

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Subscribing is the way to go . I always have my copy before the local comic shop does, and they only seem to order the issues that are comic related, which kind of makes sense. Subscribe!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Local Comic Book store carries a few issues each month, and the semi national book store chain "Hastings" carries them here in Texas

Posts: 10 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
But I'm thinking about taking a subscription out at the NEC in November.

Which I did.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post