Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surprise! June/July is Here!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped at the local Barnes & Noble and was happy to see this issue available.

That was a good article on "The Brady Bunch." Barry Williams appeared on "Collector's Call" in an episode showcasing a collection of TV/movie/music memorabilia.

I liked the artist interview with Matt Stewart, though he was called an archaeologist when he was actually a paleontologist. I remember that dig he mentioned because there was a TV show about it and it was a big story at the time.

I liked the article on "The Mandolorian Season 2" set coming out anytime now. It didn't say if Mark Hamill signed for that so I assume he probably didn't - would be a great surprise.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they were confused in the article Smile
I worked on one palaeontological dig with the Tyrrell Museum and then worked on the Upper-Deck Dinosaurs trading card set years later, but my degrees are in anthropology and archaeology. I was a consultant archaeologist for over ten years, conducting field surveys and mitigations across Western Canada.
I can't tell you how many people confuse the two disciplines and my experiences definitely don't help matters!

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I stopped at the local Barnes & Noble and was happy to see this issue available.

That was a good article on "The Brady Bunch." Barry Williams appeared on "Collector's Call" in an episode showcasing a collection of TV/movie/music memorabilia.

I liked the artist interview with Matt Stewart, though he was called an archaeologist when he was actually a paleontologist. I remember that dig he mentioned because there was a TV show about it and it was a big story at the time.

I liked the article on "The Mandolorian Season 2" set coming out anytime now. It didn't say if Mark Hamill signed for that so I assume he probably didn't - would be a great surprise.

Jess

Posts: 1 | Location: canada | Registered: June 20, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum. We talk about all kinds of cards here but sketch cards are one of the favorites. You will find a few threads on them in general as well as those on particular sets. Feel free to start a thread or post on a recent or old one.

You participated in a paleo dig but you later earned degrees in anthropology and archaeology. Yeah, that's going to sound like you were doing the same thing. Those sciences overlap but they are mostly different. And then there's the unconfirmed story that Indiana Jones, a fictional archaeologist was based on the story of a real paleontologist, Roy Chapman Andrews. That doesn't help either.

It's always great to hear from artists in the business - what they've worked on, what they've seen by others and liked.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Received yesterday, one promo card Zorro Second Series P1.

That’s the same promo that was in mine, too Smile

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well it's the 28 June and I'm still waiting for the Jun/July issue. I usually get the copy by 10/11th of the month so at least 2 weeks late

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I still haven't received my magazine. And I am not even across the Atlantic Ocean like Hammer.

I did call Beckett's customer service number last week, and after holding several minutes, I was placed into a voicemail box. I left a message saying I have not yet received the June/July issue and I am requesting a replacement. I left my name, address and phone. I heard nothing.

I called back this week and pushed 4 on their phone menu which said it was for all other magazines (besides the ones they said for 1, 2 & 3). I reached some call center called Engage Media Services. A man answered and when I said I was calling about NSU, he said he cannot help me with that and said he would transfer me to someone who could. Then he transferred right back to the main phone menu. Not very helpful.

I then selected (0) zero and reached another person who again said he could not help me either but said he would transfer my call to the magazine department. After being on hold for 11 minutes, he finally suggested I give him my name and callback number, and someone should be back in touch with me. I heard nothing.

Today I called again, hours before their posted end of business hours (8pm Central Time). What do I get but an automated message stating that I reached them outside of business hours. Not so.

The message suggested an email be sent to them, so that is what I just did. Let's see how long this takes to get a response.

Beckett's customer service is falling short of normal standards. Not only is it disappointing not being able to get through to them, but very frustrating as well. I never had this much trouble before they took over NSU from the Tosers. I do not know how Beckett stays in business.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My local comic shop still hasn’t received their issue either Shake Head

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Have people received subscription copies? I haven't

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Guess what was in my mailbox yesterday? That's right -- the Jun/Jul issue. Finally!!! Smile It was in pristine condition and the plastic wrap and magazine was just fine. I was expecting some sort of damage to have occurred since delivery was like four weeks late. But everything is good now.

I wonder if the same delivery delay will happen with the next issue. Hopefully not.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
Guess what was in my mailbox yesterday? That's right -- the Jun/Jul issue. Finally!!! Smile It was in pristine condition and the plastic wrap and magazine was just fine. I was expecting some sort of damage to have occurred since delivery was like four weeks late. But everything is good now.

I wonder if the same delivery delay will happen with the next issue. Hopefully not.

I should imagine that was a replacement copy and not the original. I'm still waiting for mine

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got my subscription copy today, it had been sent Via Australia

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My local comic book shop received it yesterday