Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards Now Shipping
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards Now Shipping
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
My copy arrived today.

It's marvellous.

Thank you for all the hard work that went into it.Todd is one diligent chap. It's very much appreciated.

Will you be doing a yearly update book?

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
My copy arrived today.

It's marvellous.

Thank you for all the hard work that went into it.Todd is one diligent chap. It's very much appreciated.

Will you be doing a yearly update book?

Hi justm:

Thanks very much! We'll see on the yearly edition thing. Right now, our focus is to try and sell this one and next, we plan to update the Promo Card Encyclopedia & Price Guide with Todd at the helm.

Thanks again. Tell your friends. Big Grin

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
This person 2 states away from Pennsylvania received his guides today! Smile

I am really surprised they made it so quickly to Europe. But that is a good thing....

The guide looks great guys! I have not had much time yet to spend with it, but Bravo to Todd Jordan and NSU for getting this compiled, printed, and distributed. It is a needed, great tool for the collecting community.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mike, your "two states away" overstates things because there's only tiny slivers of states at either end, and an narrow part of a small state in between. US 15 is fast these days. Wink

I, however, was graced with a delivery much farther down the Woodpecker Trail.

Wow, Todd must have struggled when he put together 8 pages' worth of Benchwarmer pictures. The book might have been in the works for 3 years, but I bet the image collection has gone a lot longer.

Besides the usual expected quality, I was quite impressed with the indexes of autograph signers, card artists, and sketch artists. It made me feel guilty that I hadn't tracked card artists in earliest lists, and made me sorry that card manufacturers haven't always given credits.

And now, maybe there will be more than two or three of us in the world who are chasing the copyright/no copyright variations for GPK Series 3. And that tree in Harry Potter POA is no longer the "Whooping" Willow. Big Grin

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Gee...they can make it all the way across the Atlantic but can't get acros the Mississippi River? We got bridges and everything!! Wink
Oh well...maybe tomorrow.

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

I live close to US 15 (about 12 minutes away) and I used to drive to Harrisburg, PA once a month for my work and we are always driving up to Hershey Park, etc, so I know how close I really am! Smile I was just trying to be nice to the USPS! Smile

Just cannot understand why things take longer than they should. I bought something on Ebay from a seller in California, and received it in 2 days via First Class. Makes no sense.

Oh well, at least the guide made it!!!!!!!

And I think my son Alec provided some of the Benchwarmer cards that are shown! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
My copy arrived yesterday.
This is a very nice and very useful book.
I've already targeted a few sets I didn't know enough about to pursue. Having a card image and a written description of most sets is a huge help.
Thanks and appreciative tip of the hat to Todd and NSU for putting this together.
BTW - I like the paper color. It makes many of the card images stand out better and is easier on the eyes.
Great job!!!

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Returned late yesterday from vacation and discovered my copy waiting on the doormat.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of metal slug
posted Hide Post
Only get to collect mail out in the country every Saturday. Arrived Thursday. Not too shabby when it takes 2 days from Melbourne mail centre.

Beautiful book and a marvelous wrestling section. Saw stuff I will have to add to my collection. Hours of reading ahead of me

Thanks to all involved. A really great job.

Posts: 11 | Location: Heathcote Australia | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Got mine late today! Clap Clap Clap I can only imagine the time and energy spent on such a labor of love. By the time it was finished, I would think it was with a sigh of relief. A beautiful book and a beautiful job well done.

Thanks to Todd Jordan and NSU and everybody else that helped with it.

I thought at first $39.95 was a little high, but now, I know that I got a bargin.

Enought back patting and bragging on the book-It's time to start reading! Thumb Up

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Finally got my copy on yesterday, and spent most of last night checking it out. This is truly a labor of love. Kudos to Todd and the NSU staff for making this wonderful book happen and available to us all.

Clap

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I got mine yesterday....all I can say is AWSOME!

What a great resource covering the last 20+ years of NS cards. This is something I will use for years to come.

Mucho Grande Thanks to PCE Todd (or is it TEN-SETC Todd now?), The Tosers, NSU staff and all contributors for getting this one on the streets.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rita
posted Hide Post
Smile

I got mine yesterday!
Congratulations on a superb book, highly detailed and a joy to flick through.
This is a must have for anybody with even a passing interest in the hobby.
Thank you!

Smile

Posts: 268 | Location: Valencia, SPAIN | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Mine came today, very fast shipping, and the book looks great! Todd, you did a wonderful job, and Harris, Marlin and Roxanne, I know you had a hand in this too.

This is the reference work virtually every card talker needs. There is much to be learned from this book, but it's not dry reading, Todd's sense of humor is evident on every page. Nice selection of photos as well.

Well worth the price!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
With all the great reviews and a large hint that this is one of the books I should get Wink - I'll be placing an order for it shortly.

I overspent for cards so now I'm going to have to wait a bit Frown

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TBear
posted Hide Post
I purchased my copy at Shore Leave and used it that very day to find out which set a few autographed cards belonged. The index in the back is a great extra!

Thanks to NSU and Todd for making a valuable resource a reality! Clap

Posts: 159 | Location: Maryland/USA/Earth | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I got mine 2 days ago! Everyone involved did a marvelous job. It is nice to finally have a single volume reference book for this hobby.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I got mine on moday. Nice book. Thanks Harris for checking on me.

Clap

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
After abusing my copy over the last few days, I have to say that if you are in this hobby(...and you are here so you must be part of the hobby), you MUST purchase a copy of this book. Todd has done an incredible job in building a wonderful tool that will be used for years. Do yourself a favor and either order it today or pick it up at a show. I know I sound like I am making a sales pitch but this book is awesome and I believe in it 100%.
Also, Drop Todd a line and thank him, he has created something that we all wished was out there and now is.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronbo
posted Hide Post
I received mine last week, and spent several hours reading through it. It was great having detailed lists of just what inserts came with each set. Only thing I didnt see and wished they had included was if the set had a factory binder or not. I have several hundred factory binders, but am sure I'm missing a few hundred more, just dont know which ones, and no one can really tell me for sure.

Posts: 86 | Location: Pocatello, ID | Registered: August 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post