Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards Now Shipping
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards Now Shipping
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronbo:
Only thing I didnt see and wished they had included was if the set had a factory binder or not.

Strange that would be missed as they are shown in the NSU.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It is a work of Art - well done Todd & NSU Clap

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Hammer.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Got my copy last month. Still waiting for my free magnifying glass! I guess I'm getting old. The type is small but in order to get all the info in I guess it needs to be small.

Thanks for all the great info. Thumb Up

Now if I can only find the time to read it all! Smile

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I picked up a copy when in the States a few weeks back at Dee'c Cards.

It's smaller than I expected - which is a good thing, as it's portable. I like the layout, and the actor auto index was a pleasant surprise too.

I doubt I'll ever tick boxes and spoil the pages, but it's very very useful. Thanks! Thumb Up

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I picked up a copy and I'm thrilled with it! It sits close by my PC so I can refer to it several times a day.

Thank you PCETodd and NSU and everybody that contributed to this fine reference work... BRAVO Clap

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to active here, but I did want to say that I sincerely appreciate any and all comments on the book, and thank you all so very much for the support.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I was planning to pick up a copy of the book from the NSU stand at memorabilia when I renew my sub.
However I do already own the last two gum guides and the promo card Encyclpedia.
Is there significant info in this book that I cannot get from those?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Yes, not to put down the other two publications, since they all have useful info, but I think overall Todd's new book has more useful information.
A full list of autos and costumes, plus all promos and other inserts, and their values. Color pictures of examples of cards are on every page, and there are galleries of sketch and autograph cards.
There are indexes of signers and sketch artists, telling which sets they signed or drew for.

There are some sets that are missing, it is not perfect, but dam close. Sets from the UK are included, such as CSI. There are also many obscure sets I had never heard of. Nice to see that.

Overall, this book is the main one collectors of modern cards will need, and the price is not outrageous.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Is this book replacing the Promo Card Encyclopedia? Are all the promos included in the PCE 2005 edition included in this book plus any updates etc.. thru 2006/2007?
If not, is PCE going to be published again?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
to answer your questions on order...

no

no

yes!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
to answer your questions on order...

no

no

yes!

Are you going to continue giving us longwinded answers? Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Whennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn? Wave

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I do not know. I spoke about it briefly with Mr. Toser, but nothing set yet. Spring maybe.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just finished having a quick look though the book and was wondering why was there no glossy section for costume and prop cards eithier together or seperate?

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Just finished having a quick look though the book and was wondering why was there no glossy section for costume and prop cards eithier together or seperate?

Hi AJJ:

We gotta keep something back for Volume 2, right? Big Grin

Thanks.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Hi AJJ:

Thanks.

Harris

Fair enough. Big Grin Thanks for answering.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
I received this as a Christmas gift and was very happy and surprised. I've thumbed through the pages but will look at it in more detail when I fly to Los Angeles in a couple of days. Big Grin

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

Hi AJJ:

Thanks.

Harris

So, um, is there gonna be a Vol. 2 soon?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post