Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Webinar: The Non-Sport Cards You'll be Collecting in 2017
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Webinar: The Non-Sport Cards You'll be Collecting in 2017
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
This Thursday, Beckett Media presents Non-Sport Update's first webinar entitled The Non-Sport Cards You'll Be Collecting in 2017. During the session, you'll see a preview of card series coming in 2017 and get some inside facts on some of those series. The 45-minute webinar will run at 12:00 PM EST/11 AM CST

You can get more details here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris - I know this isn't the proper forum for this, but I've been trying to reach someone in customer service for the past two weeks without success. My problem is that I never received my Dec/Jan (Vol 27, No. 6) subscription issue of NSU. I've tried calling, emailing, and leaving messages, but no one bothers to call/write back. I realize this isn't your doing (since you and your family always provided superb customer service), but any help you could provide would be really appreciated.

I've been a long-time subscriber, but you can also tell them that I won't be renewing my subscription unless they correct their ridiculous lack of customer service.

Thanks!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi:

Please send me an email (the usual email address, which is also in my profile) with your name and mailing address so that I can send it on to the correct party to have this looked into for you. Sorry to make you do that but it's just easier for me to have it in an email to forward on. And sorry you are having trouble with this. It shouldn't be this difficult.

Now if anyone wants to discuss the webinar, please post here. Just a reminder that it will take place on Thursday at 12 PM EST/ 11 AM CST and more details can be found at webinar.beckettmedia.com. I have a lot of info about upcoming sets (as well as images) to share with those who participate.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Regarding webinars offered through Beckett, I have a suggestion. I just received notice of another one today, something about digital and physical cards from UD ePacks and how to use them. I guess this is going to be a new thing to do and its not a bad idea, but I don't know how much interest it will generate in the present form. These are webinars that are paid for, not given for free access.

I am very familiar with paid webinars conducted for business purposes and they have become popular because they offer more than just the viewing. They typically provide subscribers with a printed transcript of the webinar and often have continuing education credits or points involved. They give you a certificate, which is fairly unimportant, but attests to your participation. Sometimes webinars are used to prepare for licensing tests. In short, they give you something for your money besides the pure information that maybe you could get for free.

That is my suggestion if you want to do webinars about the card hobby or particular card products. Give subscribers something they can leave with, be it a pdf checklist or some other download in the presentation. If its about digital cards, send them a digital card that they might have to pay for somewhere else. Make the price of admission tie into something they can leave with that only came free from that webinar and advertise it as part of the package.

To get subscribers for a free webinar is not that hard, you just need a good topic, but to get them to pay even small access fees you need some kind of enticement besides the presentation. Just MHO.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Being new to Card Talk I will put my ten cents worth in I agree with raven at least give some even small compensation.Upon going into the site and finding a BUY NOW I clicked it and up came the price $5.99 for what Then total $11.99 For what and if this is US $ I have to add %40 for the exchange rate I am not sure who operates this Webinair system but as raven says some form of reward surely would attract people even if it is a card.Otherwise it seems to be another way to extract money from collectors pockets and the cost WOW.

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post