Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October/November Issue in Europe
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
Well, my issue arrived today, and is one of the best reads this year.
The first thing I looked for was the tribute to Cliff Tooker. It's still hard for me to realise that he won't be present at a show again. We had some good talks and I feel privileged to have known him. Excellent article that I know must have been hard for Harris to write.
The next page I came across was about a UK collector who lives in a place where electricity is still seen as magic and they point at planes with caveman wonderment Wink Will have to get to know this bloke - he seems interesting.
Then there was the "My wallet's going to creek" Halloween piece with the Perna Studio release that's another 'must have'. There have got to be card companies that look at their sets and wonder how they manage to have sell-out within minutes of sale time. It's simple. Quality.
Together with all the other pages of note, this is why I suscribe. Well done.
The variant promos I got was The Hobbit P5 and Stooges 15.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my copy a couple of hours ago whilst I was in the middle of trying to sort out a problem with my wife's online order for a smartphone on the Vodafone website that went wrong on Wednesday. I ended up spending 55 minutes being shunted around the country with no result and when I was told I was going to be transferred for the seventh time "I started to lose my sanity". Fortunately I then remembered NSU had arrived and sanity was restored. However Having just opened the envelope for the promo cards the phone rang. It was some 'erbert from Vodafone complaints department wanting to know about the problem. He refused to speak to me citing Data Protection law. After losing my sanity again I passed him to my wife who promptly told where to go. Having resumed looking at NSU I am back in real world of card collecting. By the way my variant promo cards were P5 Hobbit and P17 from RR Parks.

The P17 card states that you can obtain free promo cards with a self-addressed stamped envelope so how does that work if I am in the UK?

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

The P17 card states that you can obtain free promo cards with a self-addressed stamped envelope so how does that work if I am in the UK?

John you can just paypal Richard some postage money and that will be ok.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Thank You, Wolfie

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Quite right. If you're outside the US a paypal to cover a first class letter will cover mailing a couple promos (random). I don't have too many of the #1-21 promos as those were printed basically only enough for NSU, The Wrapper, and to give customers a complete set f promos with Stooges series four boxes. But I have leftover series 1, 2, and 3 assorted promo cards for Stooges (and Gary Saves the Graveyard promo cards). If you're actually purchasing any of RRParks CARDS series, just request the promos related to that series and I'll include them in your order for free.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Thank You, Wolfie

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another great issue and one that I enjoyed quite a bit! As usual we posted a video review of the magazine on our YouTube channel if anyone is interested at https://youtu.be/2C0FcbwGdnI

My son Lucas is loving the Three Stooges promos, I may try to pick up some low grade Stooges cards at the next card show. Those skits are timeless!

The preview for the next issue looks great, love me some Star Wars. Too bad there is no Force Awakens promo in it, seems like a good idea. Does Topps not do the promo card thing with the magazine?

-Matt

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Matesamo, Topps has provided promos for NSU in the past, Mars Attacks comes to mind. But for Star Wars, they more often insert promos in Star Wars Magazine. There re currently 4 different cards, 2 with each magazine promoting the current set.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got all four of the new Star Wars promo cards from Insider. I was just curious since it will be a cover story on the next issue, seems like a natural tie-in. Thanks for answering!

-Matt

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Ooops! Forgot to post. I got mine last friday. I got promo 17 of Gary and P6 of The Hobbit. And I also got the 4 Star Wars promos from Star Wars Insider.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 copies cryptozoic hobbit 5 armies 2 x P5 ,1 X P6

RRPARKS promos 11 ,12 & 14

spare P5 for trade if anyone needs one.

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have just received my deluxe version of the Oct/Nov issue complete with the extra promo goodies. It was posted on 30th October so the package made good time. I am a bit confused with the three stooges cards as I got cards 1-7 (gloss) and cards 1-4 (matt). I presume the matt cards are the variation promos. Alas I appear to missing card number 8 and unfortunately card no 5 has a creased corner.

Of the Halloween themed cards no problems. Cards 8 and 21 are matt and the others gloss Am I correct in I presuming these are correctly issued?

I also liked the two Hobbit cards and I can't wait for the other three to complete the picture.

regards

John

Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, I put my email address on every single card I publish so questions can come right to me. Just by chance I happened to check out the forums and found this inquiry. #1-21 promo card set indeed include all versions of the promos. #1-4 was originally produced 'matt' even though I'd told the printing company 'gloss'. So it was redone. Since the result was that there were 2 versions of #1-4 I made sure NSU for their deluxe release had all versions of every card #1-21. #1-4 were the only promos that had two different versions (one set gloss and one set matt).

quote:
I have just received my deluxe version of the Oct/Nov issue complete with the extra promo goodies. It was posted on 30th October so the package made good time. I am a bit confused with the three stooges cards as I got cards 1-7 (gloss) and cards 1-4 (matt). I presume the matt cards are the variation promos. Alas I appear to missing card number 8 and unfortunately card no 5 has a creased corner.

Of the Halloween themed cards no problems. Cards 8 and 21 are matt and the others gloss Am I correct in I presuming these are correctly issued?

I also liked the two Hobbit cards and I can't wait for the other three to complete the picture.

regards

John

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RRParks CARDS:
Fortunately, I put my email address on every single card I publish so questions can come right to me. Just by chance I happened to check out the forums and found this inquiry. #1-21 promo card set indeed include all versions of the promos. #1-4 was originally produced 'matt' even though I'd told the printing company 'gloss'. So it was redone. Since the result was that there were 2 versions of #1-4 I made sure NSU for their deluxe release had all versions of every card #1-21. #1-4 were the only promos that had two different versions (one set gloss and one set matt).

quote:

regards

John

Thanks for posting that, Richard.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post