Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU on display at the Smithsonian
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

We are really excited about an upcoming exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum which will feature the cover of Non-Sport Update's Take Along Price Guide during the opening weekend. We have a full story about this on the blog today:

Game On: NSU on Display at the Smithsonian

The Art of Video Games opening weekend (GameFest) is March 16-18. Are any of our readers/forum members who live near DC interesting in coming to the display opening weekend? I'll be there for part of it. We'd love to see some trading card collectors and familiar faces at the display.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have a complete report on the blog today about the Smithsonian's Art of Video Games display and our involvement with Twin Galaxies and their display at the Smithsonian including a photo gallery of weekend highlights.

The Art of Video Games

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Just read the blog, interesting display and pictures, nice job, Harris! Impressive press credentials you are sporting! Big Grin Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Just read the blog, interesting display and pictures, nice job, Harris! Impressive press credentials you are sporting! Big Grin Smile

Yup, and all have been updated for 2012 as well. Big Grin

The Smithsonian credentials were nice as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still have an Atari console (not played with for over 20 years).

Posts: 2119 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have one too somewhere around here. I looked them up on eBay the other day and was shocked at how little they go for. So low it wasn't even worth seeing if I could find it! They were fun though back in the day.