Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    NSU Update: Manufacturer Names to Be Added to Titles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Update: Manufacturer Names to Be Added to Titles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
We haven't made any decision on the sort order yet. That's why it's staying the same. It could be temporary or it could be permanent. As I noted earlier, this is a huge undertaking and it's being overseen only by yours truly. I'll assess everything once it is complete. Chances are there will be minor adjustments and tweaks here and there but nothing drastic. For now, NSU and NS Almanac sort order will stay the same.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, I read it like that too but I think he was just saying that the sets were still going by date within franchises for now and won't be by manufacturer across the process of adding the manufacturer.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
Just an update on this. The process has begun and you may see it in the next issue of NSU. We aren't adjusting the sort order just yet so the sets will still be in alphabetical order according to the franchise name and not the name of the company.

I may be misreading this, but it sounds as though sets will be grouped by the manufacturer's name after adjusting the sort order? That can't be right.

Some franchise titles might be split between multiple companies and finding by maker and then year, or year and then maker, will throw off any alphabetical order, which is the easiest way to locate a set. Please clarify if the new sort is just adding the maker's name or is it reformatting all the listings by maker's name first as the group.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post