Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Non-Sport Update News - NSU Acquired by Beckett Media
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Update News - NSU Acquired by Beckett Media
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if there's any info about the size of upcoming NSU. Will it be about the same size (April-May 2016 was 39 pages for the magazine and 31 for the price guide) or closer to the typical larger size of a Beckett price guide (the May 2016 issue of Becket Sports Card Monthly was 152 pages with roughly 103 pages of price guide information)?

Here's a few things that I'd like to see kept in NSU:
- Editorial
- Non-Sport Notes
- Promo Column
- New & Noteworthy
- Upcoming Events

Here's a couple of things that I'd like see:
- Collector profiles showcasing their cards (Super Collectors?)
- Hot lists for autograph, sketch, and insert cards - with pictures of the cards.

Also, for articles I'd like it, if possible, to get the "story behind the story" on the cards that we chase, collect, and covet. Something along the lines of: Why did that celebrity add certain inscriptions to their autograph cards? What inspired an artist to decide on certain characters to draw? How does the card company decide which characters to add an insert card set? Also, it would be cool to have pictures of the celebrities signing their cards, artists drawing their cards, and collectors with their cards and/or at shows like the Philly Non-Sports Card Show Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Did anyone send in any suggestions?

It must be lots of pressure to try to delivery a magazine that the majority of non-sport collectors will enjoy following the 26 years of care that the Tosers have put into it.

Best wishes to BeckettBible24 and the rest of the Beckett staff on this endeavor Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I sent an email to Mr. Bible regarding some suggestions I had for Beckett's Non-Sports Almanac 2015, which I did purchase as a reference book. I won't go into that except to say that he was good enough to reply to me and all feedback from readers will be used to improve the next edition. The 1st edition of anything is a test run I know.

I have no suggestions about what I haven't seen, so I'm just waiting for my next issue of NSU. Maybe there will be nothing to say. Smile

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post