Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    August-September Non Sport Update is Live!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August-September Non Sport Update is Live!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Went to a different B&N today and saw one issue but the plastic was opened and the envelope was missing Frown

I found this a little interesting ...there was no issues of the Beckett again. No baseball, basketball, football, nor hockey price guides. Only the Vintage Collector and NSU. Hmmm.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Saw this issue at my Barnes and Noble today. I decided to buy a second issue, a good chance to get alternative promos. The new bags are an improvement. They are slightly larger, so not as taut, and less likely to tear.
I checked the issues to make sure promos were in them, but I could not feel anything in them. Since the bags were intact, I decided they must be in there.
Nope. No promos. So check your magazines carefully when buying.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So has anyone at Beckett narrowed it down to find out what happened to the missing promos and/or where it happened? If they never made it into the sealed bags either there were never enough promos to match distribution, some mishap lost or destroyed promos/envelopes, somebody walked off with promos/envelopes or somebody never made the envelopes.

Any way you look at it, there are too many reports for it to be a couple of random errors and, if the bags are intact, the envelopes aren't being stolen in the mail or at the point of sale, which would be the normal first suspicion.

Posts: 10391 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Saw this issue at my Barnes and Noble today. I decided to buy a second issue, a good chance to get alternative promos. The new bags are an improvement. They are slightly larger, so not as taut, and less likely to tear.
I checked the issues to make sure promos were in them, but I could not feel anything in them. Since the bags were intact, I decided they must be in there.

There were 3 issues when I saw them on Monday. Each bag was sealed and since the bag was slightly larger I held the magazine up on one side so I could see if the envelope was still there. Yep, each envelope slid down just past the magazine to be seen Thumb Up
On Tuesday, someone just blatantly opened the bag up and left it sitting next to the magazine and probably took the envelope as it was not sure the magazine Frown

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last issue was still at a local B&N on Friday but the current one was on the rack on Monday. I didn't see the envelope inside one copy even after I turned it upside down and then righted it again. I saw the envelope sticking out in another copy and bought that one. It had all the promos inside. I got the Outlander P4.

I noticed there was no Non-Sport Notes column which has been the traditional introductory page to the magazine. It was the page that let the reader know that NSU had just come back from a show or provided industry news and then thanked the companies that provided promos for the issue at the end.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

Posts: 4382 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The September 2018 Beckett Sports Card Monthly Hot List for Non-Sport looked like this:

1) 2018 Rick and Morty Season 1, Justin Rolland autos

2) 2018 Game of Thrones Season 7, Sophie Turner bordered auto

3) 2018 DC's Legends of Tomorrow Seasons 1 & 2, Caity Lotz auto

4) 2012 Fringe 1 & 2, Meghan Markle auto

5) Star Wars The Last Jedi Series 2, Laura Dern autos

Key Sale:
$600 - 2005 Doom, Dwayne Johnson auto
$850 - 2015 Ant-Man, Dual Auto/Memorabilia, Evangeline Lilly & Michael Pena