Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    2020 Non-Sport Almanac #6 Now Available
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Non-Sport Almanac #6 Now Available
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was out of town over the weekend and stopped in a shop I'd never been in before. They had some entertainment card singles, which is really unusual around here.

I picked out 2 autograph cards. . . They were priced on the back 30 and the other $12. To me they were priced on the high side of fair. I made a comment like "ohh they are priced on the back." The shop owner immediately piped up with "Those prices are out of date, I'll need to look 'em up."

I was not happy. I hate that game of not being told what the price is.

He looked the cards over and said he'd sell them both for $30. . . which I agreed to -- I hadn't even asked for a discount. He didn't even look them up before giving me a price.

Then he pulled out his phone. I was annoyed at this point as we already agreed on a price.

He looked the cards up on eBay and said he'd sell 'em both to me for $25. I was pleasantly surprised.

When I find myself in that area again I'll definitely stop by that shop.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
When I find myself in that area again I'll definitely stop by that shop.

Wow, finding stuff AND getting a discount?!? What state was that in? Cool

Posts: 684 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post