Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Final Holiday Giveaway: 2018 Stranger Things Season 1 Box!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final Holiday Giveaway: 2018 Stranger Things Season 1 Box!!
 Login/Join

posted

Final holiday giveaway! A box of 2018 Stranger Things Season 1 courtesy of Topps! This will be a joint contest between our NSU Card Talk Forum and our IG page! We will also have a runner up prize from our Stranger Things box break: an orange autograph of Chelsea Talmadge! We will take all the combined entries from both pages and select random winners on Friday, December 21st. So, comment below as to your favorite thing about Stranger Things. Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Strangest thing is the inverted picture

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well Winona Ryder is in so that is good enough for me however i feel watching Millie Bobby Brown is like watching a star of the future, i wonder where she will be ten years from now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Since its set in the early 80s, nobody has all the modern tech and there is a feeling of nostalgia for those of us that actually lived in the 80s. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not seen it yet but will catch up over the holidays, so the best thing the anticipation

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The best thing is reliving my childhood through this show. Of course, there were less monsters in mine...

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It’s creepy!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love the 80s setting. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I remember the 80s as a pretty good time so I like this show...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I love the characters. What a great wave of up and coming actors have come from this show.

Posts: 3 | Location: Denver  | Registered: December 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The 80's are a great period of time to base shows

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love the 80’s vibe... Cool

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
The design of the creatures/monsters.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I like that the plot takes twists and turns. Each character is strange in there own way,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never seen this show so I didn't enter the contest. I'll have to check it out if only to see how it remembers the 80's. Sometimes, people doing a show/movie set in a previous decade don't have a feel for the difference between what was happening early in a decade and what was happening later. Take "X-Men: First Class." It was set in 1962, "Bay of Pigs" time with JFK but some of the women were wearing go-go outfits which was a late 60's-early 70's thing. At least one movie critic brought up anachronisms like that as a flaw in the storytelling but I just thought it was funny.

Yeah, no mobile tech back then. I remember when I was working in a bookstore in the mid-late 80's. My girlfriend tried calling me at the store but the manager didn't like us taking personal calls on the store phone. I had take a break and go out into the mall to use a public phone near a Macy's entrance. It was hard to hear her in that environment - weird acoustics and background noise of people walking and talking nearby with music mixed in.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Since its set in the early 80s, nobody has all the modern tech and there is a feeling of nostalgia for those of us that actually lived in the 80s. Wink

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ALWAYS 2 LATE.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to AJJ! You've won the box of Stranger Things! Please send your info to mbible@beckett.com. We will be out for the holidays but we will make sure to get your box sent out to you at the beginning of the year. For the runner-up prize, please check NSU's Instagram page! Thanks to everyone for participating and look out for our special Holiday Hangover giveaway at the beginning of the year!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:

Congratulations to AJJ! You've won the box of Stranger Things!

Congrats to you. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's another Festivus miracle, and in case you don't know, Festivus is December 23rd. Big Grin

Congrats to AJJ.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats AJJ!!

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post