Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Update....Now at BAM!
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

We are happy to announce that beginning with the Dec '11/Jan '12 (Vol. 22, #6) issue of Non-Sport Update, readers will be able to find NSU at select Books-A-Million stores. BAM! is the second largest bookseller in the USA behind Barnes & Noble (which also carries Non-Sport Update in select locations) with over 200 locations in the South, Midwest, and Northeast. Books-A-Million was previously the third largest US bookseller with stores concentrated in the South and Midwest. The company has recently purchased 30-40 former Borders Bookstore locations and will be open-for-business in those locations soon.

A list of Books-A-Million locations may be found via the companies storefinder here.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done Harris, thats great news for the magazine, hope you get lots more sales from this. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's great!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I've got a BAM near me - finally. Hopefully they will be one fo the ocations that will carry NSU.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's great news!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Looks like the nearest one to me is about an hour and 15 minutes from me in Waterford, CT. Which is n't to bad since it's on my way when I go to my parents house in CT.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Thats Great News Harris!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Borders in Scranton, PA (about 10 miles away from me) closed down recently and a BAM was put up in it's place. I just drove by it a few days ago and was wondering if they would carry NSU but thought probably not. So it's fantastic news for me that they will! Elephant

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've gone to my local BAM once a week for the past 3 weeks and there is no NSU there....at least not yet. Frown

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I've gone to my local BAM once a week for the past 3 weeks and there is no NSU there....at least not yet. Frown

Hi Logan:

I looked at our local Books-A-Million store here in Harrisburg as well and didn't see them either.

I have just dropped the distributor a note and asked about Harrisburg and Scranton and was assured copies went to both new stores. So maybe we are just not finding them?? Or perhaps still on the way, though that would seem unlikely since it's been a while. Anyway, check next time. With these two stores being brand new, it might take an issue or two until they find the right place on the store shelves.

Thanks for looking for us, Logan.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good news! Yesterday I returned to BAM for my weekly search for NSU and they finally had it on the shelf. So I grabbed myself a copy. I'm glad they finally put it out. Better late than never. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nearest one to me is about an hour plus from my house here in Rhode Island, but I can easily stop by the store while driving out to my parents house every month or so. Unfortunately, my last trek to Connecticut last month, came up short. No NSU mag in the store and the "help" wasn't too helpful.

So, I just resubscribed.

"It was the logical thing to do." Sarak of Vulcan.
Big Grin

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Holy! I was in BAM last night and they had 5 copies in the comic book section! What a shock!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
I emailed BAM last nite and just received a response that said they knew nothing about the magazine, and my store here in terre haute indiana said they never heard of it either? Any way to find out what stores it is in?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any update on this? Are they really selling it or is it just a couple local stores?
Thanks

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I did check on this, watchers of watchers. It's actually a bit of a long story and can't relay it all here. I have not found the end result yet though. I was hoping to have an answer to post for you but nothing yet. I'm sorry. It may have more to do with your local store though. And yes, Books A Million is really selling it throughout the country.

posted Hide Post
Thanks I will keep my fingers crossed?