Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    December - January 2019 issue looks to be super
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December - January 2019 issue looks to be super
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted
Superman himself - Christopher Reeve - graces the cover of the December - January 2019 issue Thumb Up

https://www.beckett.com/news/c...in-non-sport-update/

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just received mine in mail today. Thumb Up

Posts: 10371 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found the new issue at a local Barnes & Noble yesterday. I liked the reviews of the various Superman and X-Files sets over the decades (already over 20 years of X-Files cards). I hadn't known about the Broadway cards (other than the Damn Yankees pack discussed recently) so that article was interesting. It was disappointing not seeing a promo column as it was due in this issue.

I'm wondering about that Iconic Literature promo. It doesn't appear to be promoting a set so is it a prototype of a project still in the planning stages or is it just promoting literacy? If the latter, I think that's great. The foil lettering is a nice touch.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess,

The Iconic Literature promo is indeed promoting a set - one that I’m really, really looking forward to. If you’re on Facebook, look up Iconic Creations to see some of the incredible artwork being created for this highly anticipated sketch set. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Debi,

Thanks. That sounds like a sketch set I might get into. Since writing that post, I saw that there's also a Sherlock Holmes promo that was given out at a show this year.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Jess,

The Iconic Literature promo is indeed promoting a set - one that I’m really, really looking forward to. If you’re on Facebook, look up Iconic Creations to see some of the incredible artwork being created for this highly anticipated sketch set. Smile

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Jess,

Yeah, the artwork is just ridiculously cool as it highlights so many classics - Moby Dick, Frankensten, Dracula, Sherlock Holmes, Jules Verne, etc. etc. I am really looking forward to it.

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi Debi,

Thanks. That sounds like a sketch set I might get into. Since writing that post, I saw that there's also a Sherlock Holmes promo that was given out at a show this year.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Jess,

The promo was given out at the fall Philly show

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was nice to see Don Norton's article on 2018 Topps WWE Legends. I always like to some wrestling card news Thumb Up

Having a remembrance to George Nadeau by Ryan Cracknell was a nice touch. And it seemed synchronic that Brent Engstrom landed in this issue's number 1 spot as George had over 100 of Brent's 2007 DC Legacy's sketch cards Angel

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to compare, the Top 5 Hot List for Non-Sports in the January 2019 Beckett Sports Card Monthly was:

1) Todd Holland autos from 2018 Avengers Infinity War
2) Elizabeth Olsen Impressions auto from 2018 Avengers Infinity War
3) Melissa Benoist #MB2 auto from 2018 Supergirl Season 1
4) Chris Evans Impressions auto from 2018 Avengers Infinity War
5) Kyle MacLachlan Classic auto from 2018 Twin Peaks

Among the 3 Key Sales - Emma Watson’s auto from 2008 World of Harry Potter 3-D Series Two

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When is the Feb/March issue due to be released ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
David, I just received my Feb/March issue today. It has The Orville on the cover

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The weird thing is when I went to a local Barnes & Noble today, it didn't have the new issue nor the Dec/Jan issue, but it did have several copies of the Oct/Nov issue. I thought I had traveled back in time (could've placed some bets on the NFL playoffs).

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw the Feb-March issue at B&N yesterday.